Repeat after me ‘ I am not quite ready to give up on summer ‘ !!
Yes of course here in the UK we’ve has it a tad warm for us …… to hot to bake that’s for sure ….. ( unless you are lucky and have air con !!)
But we can still finish off whilst the temperatures are still seasonal and before all things mixed spice ( Pumpkin Spice ish ) start to take over our taste buds in the Autumn leaves start to fall !!
This recipe for some delicious Coconut , Lime and Banana Muffins is made with things that I had just lurking in the fridge and the cupboards …
And of course they are Gluten Free and they are Vegan …..but no body will know
I nice easy recipe that though it speaks summer will last you all year round ( when you tire of the spices and want something to wake up your taste buds
Desiccated or shredded coconut is the coconut of choice here and a staple of every UK kitchen cupboard over he autumn and winter months ( after all we don’t grow coconuts here 😂)
Muffins are a quick and easy bake that are fantastic for Breakfast , or perfect for a snack , the kids back at school they are great for lunch boxes too
They freeze fabulously and can be thawed at room temperature so straight in the lunch box , or zapped in the microwave ( Or oven if you prefer for 5 to 10 minutes )
Sometimes you need to keep things simple and these muffins are exactly on the money ……so lets bake !!
Coconut, Lime and Banana Muffins GF, DF V
All the tropical taste in some easy muffins , delicious served warm
- 250g Gluten free plain flour blend ( If not using your own I recommend Dove Farms Freee UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut + 2 tbsp for the top
- 300 g Ripe Bananas
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp warm tap water
- 180 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Get Mighty Pea M!lk )
- 100g vegan butter, melted ( I used Flora Unsalted )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of One Lime
- Shredded Toasted Coconut and Coconut Yogurt for extra topping ( Optional extra )
- Pre heat your oven to 200 c fan / 210 C Standard / 410 F
- Line a muffins tin with 9 muffin liners
- Sift the flour, baking powder, xanthan Gum and nutmeg into a mixing bow
- Make up your chia egg in a small bowl , ( the chia seeds and 3 tbsp warm water ) and leave to go gloopy
- Stir in the sugar and 50g of the coconut.
- Peel the bananas, slice into a small bowl and mash to a paste with a fork
- Melt the Vegan butter in the microwave or in a pan until just melted
- Add the Dairy Free milk , butter , chia seed egg , vanilla to the banana mush and combine together with a whisk
- Add the Banana slop to the dry indigents and using a spatula , stir until combined
- Add the lime zest to the mixture and combine
- Add the muffin mixture to 9 muffin cases equally
- Sprinkle with the extra Coconut
- Bake at 200 c fan / 210 C Standard / 410 F for 5 minutes
- Then turn the oven down to 160 C Fan / 180 C Standard or / 350 F
- bake for 15 to 20 minutes until well-risen and golden brown, and a cocktail stick or cake tester inserted into the centre comes away clean.
- Leave to cool top with toasted shredded coconut , i do mine in a dry frying pan but watch it like a hawk, as soon as its start to brown take it off the heat and remove from the pan and some coconut yogurt…. it takes it to a whole new level !!
- Can be reheated up topped in microwave for 1 seconds , will keep for 5 days in sealed container
- Can be frozen wrapped well for up to a Month
So here’s a little how to video to help simplify the method if you require
So there you go …… so so easy
Take them over the edge top with Coconut Yogurt …. I used my favourite Coconut Collab and some toasted coconut shavings and you are in heaven …
I can truly report
I’m not going to waffle on much longer because you wont read it any way 😂😂 but you might look at some pictures !!!!!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures, Follow me on WordPress or Instagram and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!
3 thoughts on “Coconut, Lime and Banana Easy Muffins”
Hi there! Love your recipes thanks a lot! I’d like to make these muffins but don’t want to make vegan ones. Would it be poss to use normal flour, milk, butter etc? They sound absolutely yummy – especially with the yogurt on top!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Linda thank you…. I cant see why not just remove the xanthan gum and the chia egg will be one medium egg and make sure you check at 15 minutes as they may take less time ….
Thanks a lot Clare – I’ll definitely
give them a go!
LikeLiked by 1 person