Well its time to get our Chocolate on !!!!
Especially when Ive Been Gifted some very nice chocolate shards from a company thats local to me …..I do like to support local as much as I can and I can get much more Local than Whittakers Chocolates in Skipton
I will add the link at the bottom of the post for the chocolate
Now aren’t I the lucky one !!! This is not a paid or sponsored post , but I will always be transparent if its free items …..but I only use them if they get The Cauldron Approval
And this choccie certainly did 😍😍😍
So what better way to show case it than with chocolate at every turn !!
In the cake , in the ganache topping and topped off with even more !!!
Can you get a chocolate rush 😂😂😂😂😂
I chose to do this cake in my nordic bundt tin ( Thanks to my dear friend Shari for that item ) as I think it just makes a statement
However you can bake it in two 8′ tins if you prefer ….. but personally invest in a bundt tin they are worth the investment and being British it means more cake and less frosting …. which we love 🙊🙊🙊
Here’s a link to a similar pan ( I’m not on affiliate program so no pennies made from you kicking on 🤣🤣)
So bake to the cake !!! It really is straight forward
But I would advise you make the bakers gloop recipe that I’ve provided …it slides out a dream when you invert it to take it out !!
And worth that little more effort
Ive added a couple of quick videos , both of the gloop and the cake …because then once again you can see how it develops into the cake ( Plus it seems to be the way at the moment 😂😂😂)
So lets bake a cake …..you wont regret it
Easy Double Chocolate Bundt Cake GF, DF V
A delicious chocolate Bundt cake with more chocolate that ever before !!!
- 350 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( I recommend if not using your own Dove Farms FREEE uk or Pilsbury US )
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum ( Omit if your blend contains it )
- 180 g White Caster Sugar
- 180 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 75g Cocoa Powder ( I used Dr Oetker Dutched Cocoa )
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 120 g Dairy Free Natural Yogurt ( I use Coconut Collab Natural Yogurt
- 120 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Get Mighty Unsweetened Pea M!lk )
- 180ml of Strong Coffee ( 2 tbsp of instant coffee or chicory essence such as camp coffee ) If coffee is not you bag then add 180 ml more of dairy free milk
- 180 ml Neutral Oil ( I used Vegetable Oil )
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla Bean Paste
- 80 g Dark Chocolate Chopped ( I used Whittaker’s Easy Melts ) – –
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE DRIZZLE
- 200 g Dark Chocolate ( I used Whittaker’s Easy Melts )
- 100ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Get Mighty Unsweetened Pea M!lk ) –
- CHOCOLATE DECORATION
- 75 g Chocolate Chopped ( I used Whittaker’s Easy Melts ) –
- BAKERS GLOOP
- 40 g Trex or Vegetable shortening
- 40 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 40 ml Neutral Oil ( I used Vegetable )
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Pre heat your oven to 160 f Fan / 180 Standard / 350 F
- Make your gloop using the recipe 40g/ml of oil, shortening and GF Flour plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder , using a hand blender or hand whisk whisk until a smooth paste has formed ( See Video )
- Paint the gloop on the inside of the bundt tin and set aside
- Make up your 180 ml coffee if using and set aside
- Add the GF Flour blend , Xathan Gum ( If Using ) Baking Powder , Baking Soda , salt and Cocoa Powder to a bowl whisk and then Sieve into a large bowl
- In another medium bowl add the yogurt , milk , coffee , Apple cider vinegar , Vanilla Bean Paste whisk until combined
- Add 80 g Chopped chocolate to the batter and fold in
- Fill the bundt tin with the mixture ( It will be thick ) ….. Smooth it and give it a waggle to make sure there are no air pockets
- Place in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes and bake until a cocktail stick or cake tester comes out with just a few crumbs
- Take out and let rest IN THE TIN for at least 30 minutes before turning out
- Leave to cool
- To make the chocolate ganache, chop the chocolate into small pieces , heat the dairy free milk on the hob or in the microwave til steaming hot
- Pour the milk over the chopped chocolate and leave for minute
- Then whisk the milk and chocolate …it may seem grainy at first but keep whisking it will become smooth
- Drizzle over the top of the bundt …….artistically 😂😂
- Melt the remainder of the chocolate in the microwave ( 10 second birsts ) or over a bowl of simmering water until melted
- Smooth out over an upside down baking tray and leave to start to harden … when it is finger touch dry use a dinning knife to scrape shards
- Liberally sprinkle the shards on the top of the cake
It really is such a simple bake !!!! Just as I like it and could be dressing for any occasion in reality
It looks a classic and tastes divine !!
Here’s some more pics to seal the deal
As promised heres the link to Whittaker’s Easy Melts Chocolate Shards …. I just Need Them to come up with a Dairy free Milk One now 😂😂😂
Thank you Whittaker’s for sharing with me your brand new product its fabulous 😍😍😍
Now just to be aware this chocolate is made in a factory that has a dairy line too so may no be suitable for you ( But Every care is taken and we’ve had no issues here )
So there you go chocolate heaven …..enjoy I certainly did !!!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures, Follow me on WordPress or Instagram @clarescauldron and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!