Delicious Coconut Lime and Banana Muffins Gluten Free and Vegan
Easy Raspberry and Almond Bakewell Cake
Gluten Free and Vegan
Well we have a Platinum Jubilee coming up from the 2nd of July of our Beloved Queen
So I thought I best get an Iconic Bake in before we all start to bake up a storm for out street parties and afternoon teas in celebration
To mark the event … I decided on nothing to whacky but something traditional with a twist
So I’ve chosen a Bakewell Tart and taken out the equation of pastry 🙊
I know for some that will just make your heart sing 😂
But we do want to spend time celebrating and not fussing over elaborate decorated cakes ( But you can if you want ) 😂😂
So we have all the flavour of almonds and lovely juice raspberries just waiting to be savoured !!! And even though this looks a rustic bake I want to tell you I would be more than happy to be served this at an afternoon tea
And Im sure Liz would be happy with this fayre too ……
We all know its her Majesty that decrees that its jam before cream on a scone , so if she delights in scones she will delight in a pastry-less Bakewell Cake 😍
So without further ado…. lets bake because you wont believe how simple this is
Raspberry and Almond Bakewell Cake GF, DF V
The Iconic Almond Tart less the Pastry made into a easy but gorgeous moist fruity cake
- 140g ground almond
- 140g dairy free block butter butter, softened to room temperature
- 140g caster sugar
- 140g Gluten Free Plain Flour blend ( If not using your own I recommend Doves Farm Freee UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xathan Gum
- 6 tbsp chia seeds or 3 tbsp Golden Milled Flax Seed
- 6 tbsp of luke warm tap water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g Fresh Raspberries NOT FROZEN
- 2 tbsp flaked almond
- icing sugar, to serve
- Pre heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/320 F
- In a small bowl , add the water to the chia seeds or flax and set aside until they become swollen and gloopy ……about 10 minutes
- Grease and fully line a 20 cm / 8in spring formed cake tin
- Place the ground almonds, dairy free butter, sugar, gluten free flour, baking powder and xanthan gum , chia seed gloop and vanilla extract in a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top you may want to press it in with your hands
- Scatter the raspberries over the top of the batter
- Spoon in blobs the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread – you might find this easier to do with your fingers.
- Scatter with flaked almonds
- Bake for 50 mins until golden.
- Cool in tin , remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Well I’m not going to waffle any longer than necessary !!
I know you all hate it and we just want too see cake and lick the screen
If you don’t make this cake I would tend to think you may be a tad wreck less 😂
At a missed opportunity !!
So I will give you some more pictures so you rush out to get the ingredients even if a lot of you may have theses in already !!!
Right Time for A Coffee
Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe post !!
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜