Every self respecting baker, needs the comfort food of life, Banana Bread. One for every occasion, Breakfast , Dinner, Lunch, Tea or Supper. Young or old its one for everyone……… unless you don’t of course like bananas. 🙈😂
So here I am trying to give you a fully intolerant one, that’s not going to bore you to death. So I’ve ramped it up to give you the dual personality variety, you can of course omit the chocolate, but really why would you? It seals the deal and adds a little quirkiness to the whole bake.
Lets Posh it up, make it Sexy………..Oh yes Sexy Banana Bread in two extra steps, added splashes on chocolate and a few Banana Chips sooooo easy ( Oh and of course don’t feel obliged if you don’t want either 🙊).
Of course I will provide some pretty pictures and introduce you to the joys of aquafaba. Its revolutionised my Gluten Free Vegan baking in some recipes. And yes its the juice out of a can of chickpeas, or any other legume you choose. Ignore the smell it disappears on cooking………honest.
In this recipe its the sole egg swap, but in others its used in conjunction with other things known as suitable egg subs, but today lets make it easy
Right best crack on you are yawning already. Beware of disturbing Banana footage coming up, so feel free to scroll straight by😂
Now Banana warning, I softened the blow with a nice picture first 😂😂😂😂
Banana and Chocolate Loaf. GF, DF, V
- 1 Ripe Banana about 100g unpeeled
- 75g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( Dove Farm UK or Pilsbury Cup for Cup US )
- 75g Caster / Superfine sugar
- 50g Vegan Butter or Dairy Free Spread ( I used Pure Diary Free ) room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Aquafaba ( Chickpea Juice out of the can )
- 1 tbsp of natural cocoa powder ( I used Black Cocoa )
- 1 tbsp of Dairy Free Milk ( In used rice as it was what I had in )
- 50g Vegan Chocolate
- 15g Dried Banana Chips
- XANTHAN GUM not necessary for this recipe
- Set Oven to 160 C / 140 C Convention /320 F
- Grease and line with parchment your tin
- Add the Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda into a bowl and whisk together
- In a separate bowl, mask the banana until slimy with a fork
- add the butter, milk sugar and aquafaba and combine best you can, it will be curdled, don’t worry
- Sieve in the flour mix to the wet ingredients and mix until combined, it will look lumpy , don’t fret.
- Split the mixture into two and sieve the cocoa into one bowl to make a chocolate batter
- With a Medium cookie scoop or table spoon. fully loaded, alternate the the batter.
- Then with a knife mix the batter in just one u shape movement
- Bake in Oven for 40 Minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes then but on a wire rack to cool
- Once cool, melt the chocolate in the microwave on 10 second bursts until melted and splatter with a folk over the loaf
- Crush Banana Chips with rolling pin and scatter artistically 😂😂
- If baking a 2lb loaf bake for 55 minutes 15, Enjoy
It really is the powerhouse of Banana Breads, covering everyone in one bake. The recipe has been developed from UK baking Goddess, Mary Berry’s. No need to complicate the matter, she gets it right on a standard bake so why not on the intolerance level. You can see from the crumbporn on this bread, there’s no denseness here, this bread just leaves so much room for adaptions and additions I cant even imagine that you could come up with.
Hope you enjoyed my Banana loaf, so crack on and get it made !!!! Feel free to leave me comment, especially if I’ve made Banana Bread Sexy
Sign up for an email, ( its at the end of the page or in the contact me section) and then you wont miss another instalment.
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to the rest of the week.
If you make any of my recipes let me know, I do like to hear, Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Share me about, I’m easy 😜😂😜
Bye for now💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
8 thoughts on “DUAL PERSONALITY BANANA BREAD”
I absolutely love your bakes, your photos, your blog, your personality! You make My day!
Awe Willa that’s so kind. I just try to do my best. But its me with no one to answer to bar the reader reading the post. Glad its brightened your day it makes it so worth while to have such a lovely feeling ive done that 💜💜
Beautiful Banana Bread and a fabulous Blog post! I love your poshed up version with the added chocolate…can’t wait to give it a go!
Thank you. I tried to make it a little more inspiring than a straight forward banana bread. Hopefully it takes it to a new level 💜💜
That looks amazing! I love the marbling idea!
Thank you. Just something a little different to the regular offering 💜💜