Welcome to another week in The Cauldron. Its time to talk no bakes !! I can see you rolling your eyes and raising your hands in horror. 😱
I was never a fan of the ‘no bake ‘ mainly because it means I don’t get to stoke the embers, but there’s a definitely need and this can actually be easily switched to a regular bake as well as an intolerance tart by just changing the chocolate element.
This is your chance to never be intimidated my those difficult ones, to wow with simplicity and be the ‘intolerance goddess’ they so rightly deserve
Its Easter, so I best get my chocolate on !!!!!
My base filling is Silken Tofu, maybe an unusual ingredient for some, but for me its a winner. As someone who can actually tolerate Dairy I needed to find something that my Dairy free, Coconut hating daughter would like and lets be honest the whole world does not taste of coconut 😂😜🙊
This can also be switched up to refine sugar free if you use , high % dark chocolate………… the possibilities are endless.
I’ve made this with Dark, White and Mulled Wine added its so versatile and can guarantee no one knows its Tofu……….unless you tell them🙊
This is the easiest thing you can make intolerance wise I assure you.
You do however need a food processor or blender.
There are plenty of pictures to help you through and at the end I will give you some previous ‘non bakes’
Oh I made a Chocolate Basket !! You don’t have too, but well it was playtime and I just wanted to………… 😜😜😜😜😜
Confession time, this should have been a white chocolate tart, but some Muppet ( that will be me, picked up the wrong variety and the supermarket as well…….. its in a cream packet), I’m sticking with that excuse even though I buy the stuff regularly 🙈
Right lets get going. I know you want to really 😂
No Bake Chocolate Tart with Chocolate Crust GF, DF, V
- 60g of Stoned Dates
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 50g Oats, either whole or porridge, just make sure they are GF Certified Please
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder, ( I used black cocoa here )
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 25g Desiccated Coconut ( can be omitted and sub in either same weight Ground Almonds or Oats
- 2 to 3 tbsp Oil of choice ( i used extra virgin olive oil here) For the Filling
- 300g Gluten Free Dairy Free Vegan Chocolate
- 340g Pack of Silken Tofu
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract For the basket
- 300g Gluten Free Dairy Free Vegan Chocolate
For the Crust
- If the dates are not already soft, cover them with boiling water for 10 minutes
- Add The Dates (drained them if soaked ), Almonds, Oats, Cocoa Powder and Coconut to food processor and whizz until a medium consistency
- Add the coconut Oil and whizz again to combine
- Add a tablespoon at a time of oil until you achieve a mixture that will easily stick together when pressed. It can vary how much you need but heres what you need in pictures.
- Tip out into the pan and press firmly to make an even uniform crust Here’s a little video hope the link works and its cocoa under my nails not dirt 😂 https://www.facebook.com/1459988461/posts/10217558548823139/. Put in the fridge whilst you make the filling
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water in a bowl, stir frequently and scrape down the sides to avoid scorching. Set aside
- In a clean Food Processor Bowl whizz the tofu until a creamy consistency
- Add the chocolate and the vanilla to the tofu and using the processor whizz until fully incorporated and smooth,. you may need to stop it and using a spatula run it round the edges at the bottom to loosen and tofu…….. watch your fingers on the blade please
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the prepared base smooth and chill for 4 hours.
- Decorate as required
- If making the basket,on the outside of a bowl cover with tin foil .
- Microwave the chocolate until melted or over a double boiler until melted,
- Either with a piping bag, ziplock bag or spoon cover the bowl with chocolate. Not to thin as you don’t want it to be too fragile.
- Leave to set at room temperature for at least an hour
- Take the bowl out of the tin foil and peel back the foil, carefully.
These are my products of choice for this ‘non bake’. Clearsprings Organic Silken tofu, as you can see its slightly thicker than Greek Set Yogurt . And Raw Halo Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan Milk Chocolate, but any Chocolate variety can be used, whether, Dark, Milk or white, Dependent on what you require and the Intolerance you are covering. Side note, this is not a sponsored post 😂🙊😂 i just like the product.
Well you’ve had plenty of the boring pictures so best treat you to some better ones.
So there you go, but here’s some more inspiration, it really has no bounds, make it simple it bling it up, it really is versatile
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures ,or Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make and of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week