Well we are here again, and its time to roll out the fully loaded Ultimate Muffin recipe for your intolerance needs.
This will save some effort as muffins zap really well in the microwave for 10 seconds and perk up to standard right away. They freeze wonderfully, wrapped well in clingfilm and you can always have some on hand stashed at the back of the freezer for that way ward guest 😜🙊🙊
I had never really been a muffin fan, mainly because they can be dry as sand when they are intolerance ones, but I set my stall out to make them not so unappealing.
My recipe has been adapted from various sources and finding the right adaptions has been key, the most important being that they actually peel well from the wrapper. I’m not a fan of straight into the muffin tin approach its a little harsh for the Gluten Free Flour blend and overcooking can be a draw back if I do them that way……….and no one wants a dry one😜
This recipe has some hints and tips in it for switching up flavours, it straight forward and there are really no boundaries, just what you want to taste.
Tip for today, if your using nutmeg ‘for that bakery taste’ ditch the powder and buy some megs to grate yourself, the 3 seconds it takes to do it is a total games changer.
Right back today, I digressed, forgive me I know you hate waffle😂😂
My muffins are today are Blackberry, Lemon and Poppy Seed, because its turning into Spring and Mothers day on Sunday in the UK, go on treat her to a muffin, its so quick and easy you will be surprised
Lets get going and you can have these for breakfast in 35 minutes, don’t burn your mouth though the fruit will be hot……..a friend told me that 🙈
The Intolerance Muffin GF, DF V
A light and easy Muffin. Suitable for Anyone at Anytime
- 190g Plain Gluten Free Flour Blend ( I recommend Pilsbury Cup for Cup US or Dove Farm UK)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your flour blend has it in )
- 60g Dairy Free Yogurt ( I use Alpro and for these I used the Go On variety as it was what I had in )
- 50g White Sugar ( I used Caster / Superfine)
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 120ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Soy as it was what I had in but have used many varies)
- 60ml Oil ( I find Sunflower best but any neutral oil)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g additions ( fruit or choc which ever floats your boat. Today I used Blackberries.)
- 1 tsp Lemon zest ( this was for this bake as I was adding fruit that complimented it and if not try some cinnamon and nutmeg)
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Course Sugar ( I used white on these)
- Preheat Oven to 200C Convection / 220C Standard / 425 F
- Line 6 Muffin tins with Liners
- Mix together the Flour, Xanthan Gum and Baking Powder with a whisk and then sieve to aerate ( and dried spices if using )
- Add the citrus zest ( lemon in this case ) to the Milk and warm in the microwave for 30 second this improves the overall flavour.
- Beat Until Smooth the Both Sugars, Oil and Yogurt together in a bowl with the Vanilla Extract.
- Add the Milk to the Yogurt Mix and whisk until light and foamy
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold it in until Nearly combined GENTLY 😜😜😜😜😜😜
- Then add your fruit, Poppy Seeds, or chocolate and combine again, not to much just enough.
- Using a large cookie scoop fill the liners to nearly the top Sprinkle some sugar and save a few bits of fruit for the top, I always put off centre so it doesn’t inhibit the rise
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and set the timer for 5 minutes
- When the timer goes off reduce the temperature to 160C Convection / 180C Standard / 375 F
- Cook for a further 20 minutes. insert Toothpick to check it comes out clean and remove from the oven 11, Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes
- Transfer onto a wire rack to cool
Before you pull me up, I do know the difference between a blackberry and a strawberry but someone……….erm ……..that will be me, forgot to take the picture of that, so used a photo from my Monday Muffins on Insta………..Oh yes for got to say, I thank my dear friend Kim for giving me the Inspiration for #muffinmonday, its played a part in my weekly baking dairy for nearly a year, so as you can see I’ve certainly had plenty of practice 🙈🙈
It really is as simple as that, and seeing I may have bored some of you to death I best give you some pretty pictures ………. see if I can make Muffins Sexy😜😜😜😜😜😜😜
Hope you enjoyed this weeks instalment . Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me to continue.
Sign up for an email, (its at the end of the page or in the contact me section ) and then you won’t miss another post or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to during the week.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Fee; free to share me with your intolerant friends, they may find me useful, on a good day.
Until next week 💜💜💜💜💜💜Bye💜💜💜💜💜💜
Recipes inspired by https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/