Sometimes things run away with you , and this weeks post was never the intended one for this week
But its just to good not to share immediately !!
On my usual trail through the depths of Instagram i came across an new product , Granola Butter !!!! Yep its a thing and its made by Oat Avenue
So order I did , both the Original and the Chocolate 😛
What A revelation and if you are in the UK you lucky lucky people !!
Don’t worry if you cant get it overseas , you can use tahini or any other nut butter you require just add two tablespoons of sugar to it for this recipe !!
Now the recipe a delicious Pear Tart with beautiful shortcrust crumble case ….
A little bit autumnal but me being the frugal type managed to get my hands on some reduced pears 😂😂 for ever the bargain hunter !!
Now I’ve give the option of a nut free version of the pastry here and it works a treat , but seeing theirs no one now at home adverse to nuts i went with almonds in my bake
But as with all my recipes there are always way and means to devise a recipe that will suit the intolerant needs
This bake is good old rustic , family baking , there is ‘Granola’ in the title so I’m guessing you could class it as breakfast 😃
So lets crack on you really need to get this made ( After if you can have ordered your butter …. no affiliation just love the product )
Pear and Chocolate Granola Tart GF, DF V
Juicy Pears and Chocolate Granola Butter Encased in a Crumble Tart
Caramel Sauce will need to be made in advance
- 225 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend Dove farms free UK or Pilsbury US )
- 135 g Ground almonds / Fine Polenta
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- 30 g Caster Sugar
- 210 g Dairy Free , Vegan Block Butter ( I used Flora Plant Based )
- 300 g Peeled and diced Pears ( Approx 3 )
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 60 g Chocolate Oat Granola Butter ( I used Oat Avenue ) …. you can sub tahini or any nut butter but add 2 tbsp of caster sugar to the pears )
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- 50 g Golden Syrup
- 100 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 75 g vegan butter
- 50 g Soy Cream ( i used Alpro )
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Make 1/2 batch caramel sauce using instructions here
- Pre heat your oven to 180 º / 160 º C / 350 º F
- Add GF flour blend , almond flour / polenta , sugar and xanthan gum ( if using ) in a bowl and mix.
- Add the cold butter in pieces and rub in with your finger tips until all the butter is incorporated into the dry ingredients , it will be lumpy and a little sticky ….that’s fine
- Press 2/3 of the batter into the tart pan.
- Place Tart pan and the rest of the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Peel , core and dice the pears into 1 1/2 cm pieces mix well with, granola butter ( Other butters / sugar) corn starch and vanilla.
- place the filling in the tart pan, press it down and sprinkle with the remaining crumble on the top and press down lightly
- Bake for 40 minutes and let cool completely in tin
- Sprinkle with caramel
Kim this ones for you !!!! The resident #pearpimp in my life 😂😍😂
This bake is just one of those bakes I know I will be coming back to time after time , easy no fuss and ready in no time , and the variations I can see will be endless
My caramel sauce recipe keeps for ever and a day in the fridge , if you are frugal and is ideal to have some always on the go especially as autumn is nearing
Its an easy way to pimp a dish to the next level 😍😍
So lets give you some more picks to wet your appetite
Nicely rustic and ready to be just taken and eaten , though I know some of you will roll out the custard !!!
Hope you enjoyed the post
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on Word Press or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜