Well here we are and its still supposed to be summer !!!
But here’s a recipe that just keeps giving any time of year 😊
Rocky Road, that delight that is an easy chocolate fridge cake with biscuits, marshmallows and ‘bits’ that’s quick to prepare and great for bake sales and afternoon tea breaks and any time you fancy 😂😂
In British influenced areas it was previously referred to as ‘ Tiffin ‘ but the Australian/American name has now come to predominate in the UK , I’m not going to say gutted, but Tiffin does sound more fun !!
So I’m going old school because its been my birthday this week and I’m old !!
So excuse me whilst I just wipe the TIFFIN chocolate from my chops 🤣🤣
Ideal to get this together in the evening, whilst the kids are in bed , either school holidays or for lunch boxes, with left over bits and pieces you have knocking about ( dried fruit , nuts …optional and chocolate and biscuits )
You can of course use commercial biscuits but if you where not aware there is a recipe for ‘ wheat free Digestive Biscuits ‘ here on the blog
And they are always worth having freezer stash full
Right lets get on with this simple but ready to recipe
Tiffin / Rocky Road GF, DF V
No Bake slice , filled with chocolate, marshmallows and any other delights you can find in the pantry
There are no boundaries to what you can add, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a selection of Doisy and Dam products so everything went in the pot
Dried fruits ( Sultanas , raisins, cherries, cranberries , honeycomb , popcorn , smarties etc ) , chopped nuts are always an optional addition
- 200 g Gluten Free / Vegan Digestive biscuits
- 120 g Plant Based Butter ( I used Flora unsalted )
- 200 g Dairy Free Vegan Chocolate ( I used Doisy and Dam but also recommend plamil Foods So Free )
- 3 tbsp of Golden Syrup / Corn Syrup
- 100 g Vegan Mini Marshmallows ( I used Not Guilty Sweet Revolution cut into 4 )
- 100 g Optional add ins see notes above
- Grease and line an 8 in square baking tin
- Place the digestive biscuits in a bag and using a rolling pin or your hands break until dust and also 1 in pieces
- In a large saucepan melt the butter , chocolate , golden syrup / corn syrup and gently heat stirring all the time until it is smooth
- Remove from heat and leave to cool
- Take the biscuits , marshmallow , and your add ins add to the melted chocolate and and stir until everything is covered
- Tip into the prepared pan and spread out evenly to the corners
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill
- Then cut into 12 pieces ( I used a warm sharp knife )
Well there you go. so simple , so necessary and so so delicious
I have on this occasion used a variety of Doisy and Dam products
Infact the whole kit and caboodle’ their Ballers, D &D ‘s Buttons and Chocolate
I do hasten to add that they come with the famous ‘ in a factory with ‘ clause
But I’ve not had a problem and neither have any of the coeliacs I know !!
But you can use what you desire
So without further ado some more pictures to tempt you and a go to recipe is there for your ease
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures, Follow me on WordPress or Instagram and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!