Well last week we had complex !!
This week I’ve gone simple 🙈
The reason…..lets get the kids involved and don’t we all love a Rice Krispie Treat
So a short and sweet recipe that can be used at anytime and ideal for picnic, lunch boxes and with your cuppa
I use very little alternative butters , mainly because they are nut !!!
Being British Ive not quite got my head round the whole Peanut Butter thing , I do like almonds and Pistachios but with the increase in nut allergies I though well lets get this all down in one post ,no messing and everyone can just enjoy !!
Please make sure your Rice Krispies are Gluten Free, a lot are not and have barley extract a number one offender in the ingredients
But like I said lets get the kids involved and have some fun and roll out the sprinkles too !!
Rice Krispy Treats GF, DF V, Nut and Coconut Free
That Childhood Favourite that now everyone can enjoy , chewy and delicious and chocolaty too
- 200 g Sunflower seed Butter ( I use Biona)
- 100 g Golden Syrup / Maple Syrup /Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 75 g Rice Krispies / Rice Pops ( I Use nestle Go Free )
- 175 g Gluten Free / Dairy Free Chocolate ( I use Plamil)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Sunflower Seed Butter
- Sprinkles ( Optional but not really !!!)
- Grease and line your 8 in / 2cm pan with parchment paper
- Place your sunflower butter (200 g) and golden syrup and vanilla extract into a pan and on low melt until combined stirring continually so it doesn’t burn !!!! ( it can my friend told me )
- Weigh out the Rice Krispies
- Add the melted ‘stuff’ to them and fold until all coated
- Add to the 8 in pan and using a spoon covered in a tablespoon of oil , flatten them down so they are compact and level
- In the microwave melt the 1 1/2 tbsp. Seed Butter and chocolate in 10 second bursts and stir til combined together ( can be done on a double boiler of water and a bowl on the hob
- Pour on top of the Krispies smooth out
- Add Sprinkles if required
- Leave to set in the fridge for an hour
- To cut take out of the fridge for 10 minutes and then cut, it allows the topping to warm a little and then it cuts nicely and no break
There is not a lot I can say about these really ,bar they have served me well at work this week. and now I’ve nailed down a recipe that’s chewy and delicious I’m happy as a sand boy !!!
At last #everyoneshouldenjoycake ( well a Kripsie treat )
Job done now some pics and I’m off to do some Violeting !!!😍
Cant spoil you every week with a mammoth recipe 😂😂😂
Right done…………Im off to Granny til next week 😂😂
Please leave me a comment or a like, it does the world of good to keep me going and hopefully expand your knowledge.
Sign up for an email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty picture, or follow on WordPress or Instagram, see what I’m up too on a most daily basis.
If you make this or any of my recipes, let me know how you’ve gone on, drop me a line @clarescauldron tag me on Instagram or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share this amongst the awkward ones !!!!