Its that time of year, you either love or hate !!!! Its Rhubarb time
And as you can imagine I love it ….The Cauldron Apprentice does NOT
( unless its GIN !! )🙊
But I will make sure I do better with The Cauldron Apprentice Apprentice
(no gin included )😂
So I thought its about time I got another muffin recipe on the blog Something a little different and a Crumble Muffin and seasonal too
You cant beat Crumble as a dessert and you can eat these muffins at anytime, even for dessert………portion control
And yes we did have them as pudding !!!! I actually don’t do muffins for breakfast its not my thing….heathen that I am 🙈
They are moist and delicious and I couldn’t be happier
So there , love them or hate them they are here to stay and I personally loved every last morsel……… not a dry muffin insight and also these lasted 72 hours as moist as the day they where baked !!
Now that’s a total bonus for any muffin, let alone an intolerance one !!
Lets bake some crumble muffins 😍
Rhubarb Cardamon Crumble Muffins GF, DF V
- For The Crumble
- 50 g Demerera Sugar
- 50 g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove farms Freee UK or Pilsbury US )
- 35 g Gluten Free Oats ( Make sure they are GF Certified if needed )
- 50 g Vegan Block Butter ( i Used Stork Block or Earth Balance US) –
- 170 g Caster Sugar
- 180 g Fresh Rhubarb
- 125 ml Dairy Free milk ( I use Alpro Soya )
- 1 tsp Apple cider Vinager
- 2 tbsp OIl ( i used Sunflower )
- 4 tbsp Chickpea flour
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbaonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Cardamon
- Pre heat your oven to 200 C fan / 220 C Standard / 420 F
- Line a muffin tin with appropriate size liners
- Cut the Rhubarb into half lengthwise and into halve inch pieces
- Add to a bowl with the caster sugar and set aside
- Make the crumble by adding the Demerara Sugar , oats flour ( no xanthan needed ) and butter and rub in with your fingers until full combined and rugged looking ….like the picture below
- Place in the fridge
- Add the Apple cider vinegar to the milk and leave for 10 minutes to thicken and curdle
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, bicarb, baking powder, xanthan and cardamon whisk together
- Add the water to the chickpea flour and whisk together til as smooth as possible
- Add the chickpea water , oil , vanilla to the curdled milk whisk til combined
- Tip the fluid into the sugared rhubarb and stir in, don’t worry if it looks wet that’s fine
- Sift the weighted and whisked dry ingredients into a bowl DO NOT MISS THE SIEVING OUT
- With a spatula incorporate it all until its mixed in
- Spoon the batter into cupcake liners to the very top
- Take the crumble mixture out of the fridge and top each one with an equal amount , press it in lightly
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 5 minutes , then turn the oven down to 160 c fan / 177 c standard or 350F and bake for another 20 minutes. to check doneness , insert cocktail stick or cake tester and make sure only slight crumbs remain
- Take out of the oven, leave to cool for a couple of minutes before removing to a wire rack ( you don’t want to burn your fingers ) 😂😂😂😂
- Enjoy warm or room temperature
- Serve straight or as dessert !!! Custard maybe or cream😜
- These muffins can be wrapped individually and frozen, zap in microwave for 10 seconds to perk up
- Remained lovely and moist for 3 days ( Store in Fridge but bring back to room temperature )
Well there you go….easy as ‘A muffin!!!!’
I have to give a shout out to Sallys Baking Addiction for her high temperature then low bake method of baking muffins…..but remember to turn the oven down after five minutes or you will end up with burnt offerings !!!! Set your timer or ask Alexa ( shes good like that !! )
So another weeks bake is in the bag and yes at the moment you are getting what we are eating, time is precious so there maybe nothing fancy but good solid baking that works…….The Cauldron Apprentice Apprentice is learning her trade but this takes much time and patience………… but there is always a bake to share or maybe one of my maverick savouries again !!!!
Who knows what next week will bring
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
or Follow me on WordPress or Instagram and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Instagram or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!