Well here we are…..The First Blog Post of 2020 !!!
Happy New Year by the way……..it may seem a distant memory but really it would be amiss of me not to say
Oh no January baking posts !!! After all the festiveness and the little calorie blighters shrinking your clothes, I’ve racked my brains to think of something that’s not going to offend your New Years, I’m going to change for the New Decade moment 🙈🙈
Now some of you may turn up here due to Veganuary, welcome I’m here every Saturday with a new recipe, have a browse round the blog and read my ethos…..it may surprise you….it may not 😂😂😂
Anyway, lets talk donuts……or doughnuts , still not debating spelling!!!!
Look I’m giving you Carrot Cake Donuts, that’s a veg so healthy right 😜😜
If you make this your only pan purchase for 2020 its the best investment I can think off……….donuts in less than half an hour, anytime any where ( well maybe not at the beach, but guess what have donut pan ……can travel 😂😂😂)
Oh and I do give you the option to make donut holes…so second pan purchase……mini muffin pan 🙈
Here’s the two, links. I’m not affiliated with Amazon I’m only small fry so click away I don’t make a penny 😂😂😂
Donuts are best on the day of making, however the holes or cinnamom covered ones can be zap the next day to freshen up, but you wont have any left, my money is on it 😜
Right now to talk Nutmeg again😂😂😂 I cant bang on enough about throwing the commercially ground away and buying meg. I little arm work out never hurt anyone but the flavour is a world away from the powdered variety, please grate it on a micro grater and watch your fingers ,that mate told me again, shes very accident prone 🙊🙈🙈
These are a healthier alternative, nowhere am I saying these are fried donuts nor am I claiming it, but the taste makes a memorable donut and my preference to the grease laden ones
See I am looking after you New Year, New me 😜😜😜 honest
Right lets get some donuts on …….or holes !!!
Baked Carrot Cake Donuts GF, DF V
Easy Way to have a quick and delicious Donut in less than 30 minutes
- 120 g Plain Gluten Free Flour Blend ( I recommend Pilsbury Cup for Cup US or Dove Farm UK)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your flour blend has it in )
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 90 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I Used Alpro Soya )
- 60 ml Sunflower or Vegetable Oil
- 100 g Brown Soft Sugar
- 50 g finely grated carrot
- 30 g Sultanas
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp Cornflour/ cornstarch
- 2 tsp Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp water
- 200 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- Preheat Oven to 160 Convection / 177 Standard / 350 F
- Grease your Donut Tin Well with vegan butter or oil
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the milk and set aside
- Mix the Flour, baking powder , Xanthan if using , Cinnamon, Ginger and Nutmeg with a whisk in a medium sized bowl until fully mixed
- Peel and finely grate the carrot
- In a bowl mix the Brown Sugar, Milk concoction, Oil and vanilla until combined
- Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp of oil and 1 tbsp of water in a small mixing bowl……….aka egg replacer
- Add to the Fluid Concoction and whisk until combined
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and with a spatula fold in until combined
- Add the grated carrot and combine
- Add the sultanas and fold in with a spatula
- Place in a piping bag or freezer bag as shown below and pipe into the tins.
- Once piped dampen the join or the top of the donut hole with a wet finger just to smooth
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire baking tray covered with a tea towel ( stops marking on surface of donut )
- Leave for a further 5 minutes whilst you make the Cinnamon Sugar
- If making donut holes, pipe or spoon into a well oiled mini muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes
- Mix the sugar and Cinnamon in a bowl
- QUICKLY Toss the Donuts into the sugar, I just leave them on the wire rack to settle
Make the Cinnamon Sugar
Real Easy, Easy Peasy for the first bake of the year
Now I’m sorry to disappoint some but no I’ve not frosted them in dairy free cream cheese alternative …….tough, the reason I’m eating these and I don’t get putting cream cheese on a donut ……I thought about it for a millisecond and thought a silken tofu with icing sugar and a drop of lemon juice and vanilla would work…….blended bu I’m sorry The Cauldrons not for turning
If you are desperate try this a half recipe …..not tested but looks sound 🙊
Now for some #donutporn………..enjoy 😜😜
Hope you enjoyed this weeks post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜