Well if anyone had told me I would be writing a Blog Post on Funfetti Cupcakes 6 months ago I would be telling them they where having a laugh.😂
But in all honesty if you had told me last week I would be writing this post my answer would be the same 😜
Especially because today is actually my Birthday ……. yes really it is. 😂😱😜
To be even more honest I’m not a sprinkles type of person. I know I know some of you are going to say, but Clare nearly every cake you produce has sprinkles of some description on it 🙈
Reason, sprinkles catch the eye, they distraction from the pile of dust that I’m presenting 😂, they make you see a bake in its own right not in its intolerance stake
I’m lucky enough to have my own Sprinkle pimp Cindy in the US who kindly some time back shipped The Cauldron a never ending supply of sprinkles.😍😂
I can get some here in the UK but searching GF V usually means an Email to companies and suppliers to double check, especially the GF part but there are more out there than you actually think
Are great for an easy can see the ingerdients list
Are the US sprinkles of all sprinkles and wow this big boys are huge……..go big or go home in the sprinkle world and I’m talking about the size of the sprinkle not the company 😂
Right back to the bake, well is there’s not really a lot you can say, cupcakes and sprinkles…….inside the cupcake !!!!!!!
Every child’s dream and a celebration and festive cupcake that always pleases the masses……….most probably because its the ultimate sugar rush 🙊
And just because I can I made myself my own very own Birthday Cupcake…… well nobody is going to make one for me …… I’m still waiting for that day 🙊
Funfetti Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
A Light Fluffy Vanilla Cupcake with Hidden Fun and Dreamy Frosting GF, DF, V
- 240 Gluten Free Flour ( Dove Farm UK or Pilsbury US cup for Cup) + tbsp for sprinkles
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- 220 g Caster Sugar
- 140 ml Oil of Choice ( I used Sunflower for these)
- 250 ml Dairy Free Milk ( Soya or Rice for me. Avoid Nut its to over powering )
- 1t sp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 30 g Sprinkles ( make sure they are GF and Vegan )
– 55 g Gluten free Flour blend as used for your cake
– 165 g Granulated sugar
– 340 ml Dairy free Milk, I advise Rice milk always but that’s up to you
– 165 g Vegan Butter, I use Pure Dairy Free or Stork Block depending on what I have in . Earth Balance will be the US alternative
– 135 g Shortening, I use Trex, Hi Ratio is the best US wise.
You can use full Non dairy butter but you would need to stabilised it with xanthan gum and that can cause splitting, feel free to try, it needs to be added at the end of the process and whisked in thoroughly 400 g of Non dairy in total, not for me though…….
-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Make the ermine pudding base……follow the insructions here
- Preheat the oven to 160 C Convection / 180 C / 350 F
- Place cupcake Liners in a 12 hole muffin tin
- Add the Cider Vinegar to the Milk and leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Sift the Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar ,Xanthan Gum into a Bowl
- In a separate jug or bowl combine the Milk concoction , Oil and Vanilla extract with a whisk to combine
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and whisk until the batter is smooth, this can be done in a stand mixer if required on medium speed for 2 minutes I do tend to use a hand mixer for cupcakes
- In a separate bowl add the tablespoon of flour to the sprinkles and coat
- Add the sprinkles stir the VERY CAREFULLY AND ONLY 3 TIMES you do not want a grey streaked mess 9 it can happen cos a very good friend was heavy haneded once 🙈)
- Spoon or using a cookie scoop place the batter into the cupcake cases. Only 3/4 full, these babies rise !!!!!!!
- Bake for 20 minutes until well risen and firm to touch or a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool for one hour before frosting
- Make the Ermine Frosting as the directions here
- Swirl away and sprinkle to your hearts content
I would like to thank the Wellbeing Lounge locally in Keighley for the opportunity to roll out the Funfetti this week at their Unicorn Day Event . That much so that I’ve embedded their Home page twice next and cant remove it (sorry, dam amateurs 🙈 )
I go to great pains daily to avoid Unicorns 😎😎, that’s my brief ….but for SJ and the team well I a girl can have her arm, twisted 🙈
So lets give you some more pics. I am extremely pleased with these as well as the bake……….if you wont eat GF V and not enjoy it eating these babies there is no hope for you……..they do just make you HAPPY …….THEY DO!!!
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜
Recipe inspired by Sallys Baking Addiction
5 thoughts on “Intolerant Funfetti Cupcakes”
Lovely post! Happy Birthday to you…this is the perfect Birthday Cupcake! Enjoy your day…celebrate!♥️
Thank you Kim. Funfetti for everyone to enjoy 💜💜
I have to say these cupcakes really caught my eye! Nice photos, looks yummy 🙂
Thank you Marissa Im glad you like them. I am pleased how the photos came out 💜💜