Summer is here and it I started on the thoughts of picnics , the intolerance nightmare 😂😂. Whilst everyone tucks into crusty bread, mountains of flavoured cheese and Strawberries and cream……. we are left with a celery stick and plain fruit once again 🙈😂😂
We obviously I’m exaggerating ( but am I ……….?), but well its hardly something we can do on a whim is it……..everything needs to be thought out a little.
If your going with family and friends and its a ‘we can cater for you’, its unlikely a sweet treat will be an option……..so I’m giving you something you can russle up in 30 minutes flat and go….’tah dar’ I’ve brought you all a treat……….for everyone and I’ve made it !!!!!!
This one hasn’t much skill, its easy peasy…..my favourite style. Why complicate things that don’t need complicating ……..and i can assure you Intolerance bakers can do that at a drop of a hat…….I’ve seen it with my own Google😜😜 Looks smells and tastes amazing with 6 million flours and 25 different fats and at least 10 tonne of nuts
Now if you want a nut free version I’ve covered that too, but it wont be a Bakewell Type so call it what you want…….let me know I would love to hear your quips and titles.
These morsels of loveliness are soft tender, but stable enough to survive your rucksack or manic driving .
Okay Okay I’ve got my magic beans out……….but really Gluten Free alone has a magic ingredient and they do keep you fuller for longer ( apparently but you may need a couple 😂
The flavours of Bakewell Tart are Almond and Red Fruit ( Raspberry or Strawberry as a rule ) but of course you can alter this, I have infact made these lemon and sunflower seed butter too……….shoot back to the phone I will need to upload one for you just so you know i’m not lying 😜
Done that took longer than I thought I had to watermark it too 🙈😂
Right come on lets get a waggle on we’ve a picnic to go too
Bakewell Tart Thumbprints GF, DF V
A healthier option for a cuppa, lunchbox or picnic, brimming of with the traditional taste of a Bakewell Tart
- 25 g Whole Oats ( make sure they are GF certified if a requirement)
- 1 Tin Chickpeas, 230 g of Peas
- 65g of Almond butter, or seedbutter, I have used sunflower too
- 90 ml of Agave Syrup ( healthy option )
or Maple Syrup (not as healthy )
or Golden Syrup ( your fooling yourself 😂)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extraxt
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract Extract
- 200g Strawberries or raspberries
- 200g sugar jam ( this has pectin in a fruit based setting agent0
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 60g icing / confectioners sugar
- 3 tsp of water or non dairy milk
- Place a small plate or saucer in the freezer
- Add 100 g of Strawberries or raspberries to a pan with lemon juice and place on a VERY low heat on the heat
- Mash the berries with a fork or potato masher to a pulp and leave to cook for 3 minutes
- Tip the berries into a sieve over a bowl and with a wooden spoon push as much juice and pulp through as you can
- Tip the juice and fine pulp back in the pan
- Heat gently and add the remaining fruit
- Boil rapidly for 3 minutes ( you can use a thermometer for 105 C 220F but I have a life🙊😂😂 )
- Remove from the heat and place a small amount of the plate removed from the freezer
- Using a spoon, after 30 seconds push the jam, if it crinkles its done…..see picture. I don’t use my finger it can be too hot and you may burn your finger…….it hurts apparently🙈🙈🙈🙈
- Place in a bowl or jar.
- Preheat Oven to 160 Convection / 175 Standard / 350 F
- Line an baking tray with parchment paper or slip mat. I always use parchment
- Drain in a Sieve the Chickpeas and wash under running water, please do not throw your bean juice away, save it its an excellent egg replacer , put it in a sealed container in the fridge it lasts a week
- Add the chickpeas, oats, vanilla, almond, baking powder, and nut butter to a food processor, and pulse til…… ermmmm disgusting 😜😜😜, see picture below
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop scoop away and place on a baking tray, you leave a 2 cm space between each……you can use a measure and make balls and slightly flatten, you will need damp hands though the dough is sticky so be near the sink
- Make an indent in each with your finger or thumb, depending on how fat yours are🙊
- Place 1/2 tsp on jam in each hole
- Place in the oven on at 160 C fan / 175 standard / 350 f and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to colour light brown
- Remove from oven, leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool
- When cooled, mix the icing sugar and water or milk to a flick-able consistency, icing sugar has different absorption’s for different makes so this can be trail and error so, i can only give a rough guide
- Flick over with a fork or if you are me put it in an icing bag, because ive got pictures to take 🙈😂😂😂
- Leave 15 minutes to set
So there you go……….done……………
Now if you have been following the blog I’m going to tell you now………..if you want to bake intolerance baking you need a food processor. Nothing trick just something basic to do the job….. mine cost about £20 ( USD$ 25 ) , and I only got mine because LISA made me 😂
A baking challenge set by a Canadian Friend that required one……so it had to be purchased 12 months ago…….I’ve never looked back
Right we’ve chatted enough I’ve a cauldron to stoke………and best give you some pretty pictures to get you motivated and not procrastinating 🙊 procrastibake instead its far easier 😂😂😂😂😂
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜