Somethings do not go to plan 😂😂
And last weeks Easter bake was supposed to be the only one for this season. My schedule was set and my blog posts set out for the next few weeks
BUT !!!! Curiosity got the better of me !!
Mini Egg No Bake Cheesecake … The Gluten Free Vegan Version was calling my name 🙈
Now with the developments in the last couple of years of Plant Based Cream and Cream cheese I needed to just see for myself if an easy version was possible
Without the need for the dreaded Cashew or agar agar 🤣
Now my version is not nut free , because I used Philadelphia and it has almonds in it , but you could try Violife Cream Cheese but I’ve not tested that !!
This worked a dream….. and my other half was happy as Cheesecake is his favourite …..and not something I make often !!!
But I think he will be bugging me more now 😂
So without further ado , lets get going so you have this for tomorrow, better write your shopping list quick !!
White Chocolate and Good / Mini Egg Cheesecake GF, DF V
Delicious and Smooth White Chocolate No Bake Cheesecake , Filled with Doisy and Dam Good (Mini) Eggs
- 160 g Gluten Free , Vegan Digestive biscuits ( If not making your own you can use Asda Free From )
- 70 g Dairy free Butter ( I used Flora Plant Based Unsalted )
- 250 g Dairy Plain Cream Cheese ( I used Philadelphia Plant Based )
- 100 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 150 ml Dairy Free Double Cream ( I used Flora Plant Based Double Cream )
- 175 g Dairy Free While Chocolate ( I used Moo Free )
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 225 g Vegan Mini Eggs ( I used Doisy and Dam ) Most for cheese cake mix but reserve a few for the top
- 100 g Dairy free Milk Chocolate ( I used Plamil Oat M!lk Chocolate Drops )
- 50 ml Dairy free Milk ( I used Mighty Pea M!lk )
- Line the base of a 7in / 18cm spring formed tin with parchment paper
- Crush the digestive biscuits with a rolling pin
- Melt your butter and mix it with the crushed biscuits.
- Put the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to push it flat. Put the tin into the fridge to chill while you make the topping.
- Melt the white chocolate).Ypu can melt in the microwave using 20-second bursts until the chocolate is just melted, stirring in between. I use use a bain marie, or a saucepan over a very low heat if you prefer.
- Set the chocolate aside to cool.
- With Your mini eggs in the bag Mini Eggs i bash them to break them up a bit Reserve a few whole ones
- Whip the double cream until it forms a stiff peak.
- Add the cooled, melted white chocolate to the whipped cream and whisk together.
- Add the cream cheese ), caster sugar and vanilla extract and whisk into the cream & white chocolate mixture until combined and thick.
- Fold in the bashed Mini Eggs.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and add the cheesecake mixture. Use the back of a spoon to push the mixture down into the tin so you don’t get any air bubbles.
- Use a small palette knife or the back of a spoon to smooth the top.
- Refrigerate until the cheesecake has set at least 3 hours , or preferably overnight
- Once your cheesecake has chilled, carefully remove it from the tin.
- Run A Warm Flat knife round the inner of the tin for a smooth finish
- Warm your Dairy Free Milk to just before boiling
- Pour over the Chocolate drops and leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Whisk the chocolate and milk , by hand or in a stand mixer with a balloon whisk for 5 minutes until thick and pipe able
- Mark out a circle if creating a nest design
- Decorate as you wish …Enjoy
Now if you want to make your own digestives I have my recipe at hand
The Intolerant Digestive Biscuit
Now I obviously have pictures and reels to do for Instagram so my cheesecake was sat out a fair while
and was lovely and creamy and soft ( Apart from the mini egg bits 😂😂)
However if you are serving it from chilled its a more solid but creamy cheesecake and slices beautifully and is as smooth as silk !! ( Apart from the mini eggs bit 😂😂)
So Lets give you some Easter Cheer with some more pictures and that most important slice shot….or two !!
Hope you enjoyed the post. One I didn’t expect to be writing !!
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures, Follow me on WordPress or Instagram and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week have a wonderful Easter
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!
2 thoughts on “White Chocolate and Good / Mini Egg No Bake Cheesecake”
This is a beauty! Wishing you a blessed Easter and happy blogging! ♥️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Kim …. 💜💜