Well what a malarkey I nearly missed Easter 😂😂😂😂
Thats what comes with taking time off the blog !!! But i quickly got it sorted for you with plenty of time to get your cookie on !!
Mini Egg Cookies …….. well Good Egg cookies
Mini Eggs if you just require Gluten Free Egg free or Doisy and Dam Good Eggs for Gluten Free and Vegan ( See Recipe Notes for further advise on Good Eggs )
Wow I nailed these ones first time and cookies are never easy !! So it was a no brainier not to share it as soon as possible
The recipe base is from the One and only Jane Dunn ( Janes Patisserie ) and Mini Egg NYC Cookies ….. I do hope she approves !!
These cookies will be loved by young and old alike and i am so so pleased i nailed them to the cookie mast
Now if you prefer a thinner cookie give them a little pat down but I wanted them thick and juicy ……..and if you eat them warm or a little reheat in the microwave or oven they will blow your mind !!!
Good Egg ( Mini ) Egg Cookies GF, DF V
All the taste of Easter in a thick Cookie packed with Mini / Good Eggs and Extra Chocolate
Please be aware that Doisy and Dam Good Eggs come with a manufacturer warning of other items in production…… however I have never been glutened from a good egg yet !!!
- 125 g Block Vegan Butter ( I used flora Plant Based ) Room Temperature
- 100 g Soft Brown Sugar ( I used Billingtons )
- 70 g Granulated White Sugar
- 3 tbsp of Besan/ Chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp Water
- 280 g Gluten Free Plain flour ( If not using your own Blend I recommend Dove Farms Freee UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum ( Omit if your blend contains it )
- 1 1/2 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100 g Dairy Free Chocolate Chips ( I used Plamil Food/Vegan Chocolat Oat M!lk Milk Chocolate )
- 225 g Good / Mini Eggs ( 3 Packets ) broken up
- 50 g Good/ Mini Eggs Kept whole
- In a small bowl add the chickpea/ besan flour and water and whisk on medium high until smooth and creamy
- Place the butter , brown sugar and granulated sugar into a bowl or stand mixer and mix on medium for 2 minutes until creamy
- Whilst the butter and sugars are working their magic Add the Gluten Free Flour blend , Xanthan Gum ( If using ) baking powder , bicarbonate of soda to a separate bowl and whisk till combined
- When the Butter sugar is creamy add the chickpea slurry and vanilla in two halves beating in between both additions till smooth
- Next sieve in the flour and mix until a cookie dough is formed using either a wooden spoon oe stand mixer
- Crush 225 g Good Eggs with a rolling pin ( Keep them in the packets so no to get them all over)
- Add the crushed Eggs , and the Chocolate Drops to the dough and mix until evenly distributed
- Weigh out 9 cookie balls they will weight 100g each
- When rolled add whole eggs to the top , where using pink ones reserve them til later add 3 eggs to each cookie…… 2 where you will be adding pink !!!
- Place in the fridge for One hour to Chill Down ….. Wash up and have a Cuppa !!!
- Heat your oven to 180 C Fan / 200 C standard or / 390 C F
- On 2 trays place your Cookie balls evenly well spaced out
- Bake for 13 minutes or until they just start to colour
- If using PInk Good Eggs after 10 minutes Take the out and quickly push in where you want them to go
- Place back in oven for another 3 minutes
- Once baked leave on the tray to cool and set for 30 minutes
- Transfer onto a wire rack to continue cooling
- Can be stored air tight for 5 days but they wont last that long
Well there you go , they are very straight forward, just don’t forget that chill time, its not long just enough time to wash up and have a cuppa
I can see everyone enjoying these now …. at last we have a fully unloaded version and there is one Happy Cauldron today
So lets get you in the mood with some more pics
Hope you enjoyed this weeks post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow me on WordPress or Instagram and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear.
Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Recipe adapted from https://www.janespatisserie.com/2021/01/23/mini-egg-nyc-cookies/
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜