Well some of you know that this lady is always up for a challenge !!!
And when a certain Steve from @healthydonesexy ( The Plating Guru ) suggested that I needed this combination in my life I truly thought he had lost the plot !!!😜
This banter continued for a good few months . and The Cauldron Refurb !!!
Eventually I had had enough…… the need to ‘shut him up’ was totally mandatory
I was prepared to make him eat his words that this would be the most disgusting combination I had ever created !!!
Roll forward to February and that was it time was right …..
Unfortunately I wasn’t …..😭I had to eat my words , or rather the cheesecake😂
This turned out to be absolutely delicious and a match made in heaven
Now because this bake was an experimental bake that worked first time there are no working pictures, but just give me a shout if you dont quite get what im trying to explain
Its a ‘bake’ of two or three halves
A Gingerbread Base . A No Bake cheesecake Middle and The toppings of your choice
With that lets crack on !!!
Gingerbread Peanut Butter Cheesecake GF, DF V
- 125 g Gluten Free Plain flour Blend ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Free UK Or Pillsbury Us )
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tbsp chia Seeds and 1 1/2 tbsp warm water for Chia Egg
- 90 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Mighty Pea M!lk )
- 30 ml black Treacle
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 40 ml Neutral oil
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp of salted peanuts – FOR CHEESECAKE
- 200 g Vegan Plant Based Cream Cheese ( I used Philadelphia plant based )
- 90 g Icing Confectionery Sugar
- 125 g Smooth Peanut Butter ( I used Meridian)
- 100 ml Plant Based Double Cream ( I used Flora Plant Based Double )
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan / 180 C Standard / 350°F
- Grease and line a 7in tin with baking parchment set aside
- In a mixing bowl and add the flour blend, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and mixed and mix together then sieve
- Prepare a flax egg by adding 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds to a bowl and then adding 1 1/2 Tbsp hot water. Let it sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the chia egg, soy milk ,treacle, vanilla extract, oil and apple cider vinegar to the mixing bowl and whisk with a hand whisk to combine.
- Place your mix in the prepared pan
- Bake at 160 C Fan / !80 C Standard 350°F for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or tooth pick comes out clean inserted into the centre of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- When cool slice your cake in half horizontally
- taking one half using either a piece of card 5in circular or a 5in cake tin place it centrally this will make your ‘cheesecake well ‘
- Place the uncut cake base and then your cut out back into the 7 in baking tin
- Now line the edge ( There will be a gap as cake shrink as this cool with parchment or baking acetate……. secure it round and tap it so it doesn’t move and look like a collar round the cake
- Next add the Vegan cream cheese icing sugar and peanut butter to a bowl or stand mixer and whisk until combined
- When combined add the vanilla and double plant based cream…….whisk on medium until thick and creamy
- Chop your peanuts finely and place in the well made by the sponge cakes
- Place the cheesecake mix into the tin on top and into the sponge well
- Place in the fridge over night or minimum 4 hours
- Unwrap and decorate as required
- I added some brandy snaps using 1/4 of this recipe on the blog
- Decorate with some Double cream , a few extra peanuts will honestly do the job
So there you go , you can enjoy this morsel too
It really is worth the make and I would advise you start it the day before
Its my first Cheesecake on the blog , and with the developments of Dairy Free Cream Cheese and Dairy Free Double Cream Alternatives rising up at affordable prices in the UK it makes it a whole lot easier to not have to worry about blending Cashews ……unless you want too 😂😂
So Lets give you some more pictures to wet your appetite whilst i go into a dark corner and lick my wounds at being so wrong !!! Or maybe I’ve squirreled a piece in the freezer and eating it in secret 😜
Oh and there maybe a little ‘homage ‘ or maybe a ‘P….. take ‘ to the man who made me do this in the last picture …well you know me there has to be pay back 😂
Hope you enjoyed the post…..I really enjoyed making something a little magical and non standard there may or may not be another instalment of this taunting …..a challenge has been set for White Chocolate , Peach and Champagne ( the am has expensive tastes😜) ..but that will need to wait till it gets a little warmer 😂
Please leave me a comment or a like, it does the world of good to keep me going and hopefully expand your knowledge.
Sign up for an email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty picture, or follow on WordPress or Instagram, see what I’m up too on a most daily basis.
If you make this or any of my recipes, let me know how you’ve gone on, drop me a line @clarescauldron tag me on Instagram or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share this amongst the awkward ones !!!!