Its the time of year that I do like to give you a pre planned and and make ahead dessert for the big day !! Well any event really .
And one everyone will enjoy no matter what their dietary persuasion is !!!
This delicious Tiramisu in a glass can two stages.
Make the cake layer the week before and pop it in the freezer and the rest and the construction can be can be done two days before hand
They stand up well for being left in the fridge for at least 4 days without any due wilting…… infact make them a day or two before and the flavours intensify and your boozy dessert hit a new level 😍😍
This dessert has gone down so well the Cauldron Apprentice has asked for it as her dessert on Christmas day ….. so that’s what she will hopefully be having !!
It certainly has the wow factor and will serve you well at any event not just the Christmas Table
The recipe is not as complex as it looks, there’s a cake recipe there and then the filling so don’t be put off
Like I’ve said it can be done in two halves and you can crack on with the simple cake this week, leaving you just with construction a few days before
Though it can be eaten once its set !!!! Our first batch didn’t last to long so a remake to check standing time was necessary
So lets crack on and some pics to inspire you that this dessert is the one you need this season !!!
Tiramisu in A Glass GF, DF V
- 150 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend Dove Farms Freee UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- 130 g Caster / Superfine sugar
- 25 g of Undutched Cocoa powder / Cocao ( I used Food Thoughts Organic Cacao )
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 /2 tsp Salt
- 150ml of Dairy Free Milk ( I used Alpro Soya )
- 75 ml of Neutral Oil ( I used Vegetable )
- 30 ml Apple Cider or White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 75 ml Boiling Water
- 50 mls Brandy or Marsala Wine ( Check its GF and Vegan )
- 200 g Vegan Cream Cheese ( I used Violife )
- 150 mls Vegan Double Cream ( I used Flora plant Based / Elmlea )
- 3 tubs of coconut collaborative chocolate Little pots or 100 g Chocolate melted with 50 mls of Soya milk to make a ganache
- 1 tbsp Icing / Confectioners Sugar
- 50 g Grated Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Pre heat oven to 165 C Convection / 180 C Standard / 300 F
- Grease and line with baking parchment an 8′ ( 20 cm ) square Cake Tin making sure you leave 2 in proud of the top ( or a deep tin if you have one !! )
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar to Milk and leave to stand and curdle ( this is your buttermilk )
- Add the flour blend , xanthan if using , bi carb , sugar and cocao to a medium bowl and whisk together
- Sieve into a further bowl so that all the dry ingredients are aerated and evenly distributed
- Add the oil and the vanilla to the curdled milk and whisk together
- Poor the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk til just combined
- Pour into your prepared tin and smooth
- Place in the oven on middle shelf and bake for 35 minutes, until cake tester or cocktail stick comes out clean
- When baked leave to cool in tin for 15 minutes, lift out with baking parchment and leave to cool, then remove parchment
- Choose your vessel of choice
- Grate the chocolate into a bowl , dampen the edge by placing it in water and then place it into the chocolate as seen below … set aside
- Mix the boiled water , coffee and brandy in a bowl and set a side
- Using a stand mixer or Hand mixer , add the double cream and vegan cream cheese and mix until smooth
- Assemble the desserts
- Using an appropriately sized cutter for your vessel cut rounds of cakes and transfer to a clean surface
- Brush the top of the cooled cake with a layer of coffee syrup and then a layer of chocolate pot
- Start layering the dessert with a layer of topped cake , then cream cheese and repeat until the vessel is full and you finish with a layer of cream cheese mixture
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder
- Leave to set in fridge for a couple of hours
It really is a delicious dessert and one that will become a regular event !!
Please feel free to make an alcohol free version or coffee free one too there are plenty of tweaking options
Just enjoy every mouth full !!!!
Now for some more pics, I’m trying to keep things brief as well we are all so busy !!
Tune in next week for my last blog post til Possibly the beginning of February
Fist week in January all being well A new cauldron will be being created ….aka I’m having a new kitchen installed !!!
Its all very exciting but as a blogger with a full time day job , that gives you my recipes as I decide what I would like to eat there is usually little planning on inspiration ahead
But follow me on Instagram @clarescauldron and see the journey in January in my stories plus past bakes to inspire in Veganuary
Sign up for an email, ( its at the end of the page or in the contact me section) and then you wont miss another instalment.
If you make any of my recipes let me know, I do like to hear, Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Share me about, I’m easy 😜😂😜
Bye for now💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜