The silly season is here and it I started on the thoughts of drop ins and visitors this year , the intolerance nightmare 😂😂. Whilst everyone is tucking into biscuits , mince pies and chocolates are left with a celery stick and plain fruit once again 🙈😂😂
We obviously I’m exaggerating ( but am I ……….?), but well its hardly something we cater for on a whim is it……..everything needs to be thought out a little.
If your going to see family and friends and its a ‘we can cater for you’, its unlikely a sweet treat will be an option……..so I’m giving you something you can russle up in 30 minutes flat and go….’tah dar’ I’ve brought you all a treat……….for everyone and I’ve made it !!!!!!
This one hasn’t much skill, its easy peasy…..my favourite style. Why complicate things that don’t need complicating ……..and i can assure you Intolerance bakers can do that at a drop of a hat…….I’ve seen it with my own Google😜😜 Looks smells and tastes amazing with 6 million flours and 25 different fats and at least 10 tonne of nuts
Now if you want a nut version I’ve covered that to0
Now I was luckily to be gifted some new Chocolate Orange dessert poys for the lovely people at coconut Collabertive ( This is no way a paid post , their goods are a regular buy on our supermarket shop as they are #thecauldronappreticeapprentice favourite choc pots ) , so when they sent me some to try a bake was in order before she snaffled them all !!!
But I have given you instructions in the notes in the recipe if you haven got access to them
Chocolate Orange is so the season so lets make these happen …… a slightly healthier bake but not lacking in flavour !!
These morsels of loveliness are soft tender, but stable enough to survive your driving skills and tupperware challenge
Okay Okay I’ve got my magic beans out……….but really Gluten Free alone has a magic ingredient and they do keep you fuller for longer ( apparently but you may need a couple 😂
Chocolate Orange Thumbprints GF, DF V
A healthier option for a cuppa, lunchbox or picnic, brimming of with the traditional taste of a Chocolate Orange
- 25 g Whole Oats ( make sure they are GF certified if a requirement)
- 1 Tin Chickpeas, 230 g of Peas
- 65g of Sunflower Butter or nut butter, I have used sunflower too
- 90 ml of Agave Syrup ( healthy option ) or Maple Syrup (not as healthy ) or Golden Syrup ( your fooling yourself 😂)
- 15 g Cocoa Powder ( I used Green and Blacks )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tub of Coconut Collaberative Chocolate Orange Pot
- 1 small orange
- Preheat Oven to 160 Convection / 175 Standard / 350 F
- Line an baking tray with parchment paper or slip mat. I always use parchment
- Drain in a Sieve the Chickpeas and wash under running water, please do not throw your bean juice away, save it its an excellent egg replacer , put it in a sealed container in the fridge it lasts a week
- Add the chickpeas, oats, vanilla, seed butter , baking powder, and cocoa powder a food processor, and pulse til…… ermmmm disgusting
- Add the zest of half the orange
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop scoop away and place on a baking tray, you leave a 2 cm space between each……you can use a measure and make balls and slightly flatten, you will need damp hands though the dough is sticky so be near the sink
- Make an indent in each with your finger or thumb ( I use the wooden handle of a wooden spoon and dampen it to get a uniformed hole )
- Place in the oven on at 160 C fan / 175 standard / 350 f and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool
- When cool fill with a teaspoon of the Coconut Collaberative Chocolate dessert
- Add a thin slice of orange on the top to make pretty
So there you go……….done……………
Now if you have been following the blog I’m going to tell you now………..if you want to bake intolerance baking you need a food processor. Nothing trick just something basic to do the job….. my first one cost about £20 ( USD$ 25 ) and did the job , I only upgraded as well birthday presents need to be bought 😂😂
Right we’ve chatted enough I’ve a cauldron to stoke………and best give you some pretty pictures to get you motivated and not procrastinating 🙊 procrastibake instead its far easier 😂😂😂😂
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.