Lets jump into Autumn this week and roll out the Apples
I see so many Recipes for Apple Cider Baked Donuts recipes fron the US but there is one difference .
The term Cider !!! Ours in an alcoholic beverage sold by the pint or bottled !! The US is a still form UN tampered and not alcoholic !!
But hey who says you can’t have a boozy donut !!!
So I have rolled with my version , and delicious it is !!
Now if you want to debate
- Doughnut or Donut
- Baked Donuts are cake not a Donut
Then I suggest this is the wrong Blog Post for you !!!! 😝😝
Off you trot…….BYE🙊
For those of you not having a Donut pan this is the one I use
Right lets get baking. It wont take long AS LONG AS YOU’VE REDUCED YOU CIDER ( and once you’ve made these I can guarantee you will have the cider reduced in the fridge to have at a moments notice ) and you can sit back and eat these beauties with a warm cuppa………….money is on you will russle these up on an evening and just need to finish them all 🙈🙈🙈
Baked Apple Cider Donuts GF, DF V
Easy Way to have a quick and delicious Autumn Donut
This Donut recipe makes 6 standard donuts , best eaten on the day of making , but will keep moist for 48 hour if kept in an airtight container
Recipe can be doubled
- 80 ml Apple Cider / Cloudy Apple Juice ( 200 ml Reduced to 80 ml ) This is Alcoholic / Hard Cider in The UK
- 135 g Plain Gluten Free Flour Blend ( I recommend Pilsbury Cup for Cup US or Dove Farm UK)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your flour blend has it in )
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamon 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- 60 g Dairy Free Yogurt ( I used Alpro Greek )
- 35 g Vegan Butter ( Flora or Earth Balance US )
- 80 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I Used Alpro Soya )
- 70 g Brown Soft Sugar
- 60 g Grated Apple ( I used Granny Smiths )
- 75g Vegan Butter
- 100 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ( optional )
For the Sugar Coating
1. Preheat Oven to 160 Convection / 177 Standard / 350 F
2. Grease your Donut Tin Well with vegan butter or oil
3. Measure out your reduced cider
3. Mix the Flour, baking powder , baking soda Xanthan, ( if using )and spices with a whisk in a medium sized bowl until fully mixed
4. Sieve flours into a bowl
5. Add Brown sugar and mix until all lumps have disappeared
4. Melt the vegan butter in the microwave on 10 second intervals until melted or on a low heat in a pan on low heat
8. Mix the Vegan butter and, yogurt and apple cider together until fully Incorporated
9 . Peel and Grate the Apple
10. Add the cider mixture and grated apple to the flour mixture
11. Mix together with a spatula until fully combined
12. Place in a piping bag or freezer bag as shown below and pipe into the tins.
13. Once piped dampen the join or the top of the donut with a wet finger just to smooth
14. Place in the oven for 12 minutes.
15. Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire baking tray
16. Leave for a further 5 minutes whilst you make the Cinnamon Sugar
Make the Cinnamon Sugar
17. Mix the sugar and Cinnamon ( if using ) in a bowl
18. Melt the Vegan butter
19. QUICKLY Toss the Donuts in the Butter and then into the sugar, I just leave them on the wire rack to set up
So there you go, they really are that easy !!
And so so tasty
I choose this time a plain sugar, for me there is enough spice in the donut, I didn’t want to over power the apple
But that is up to you !!
So lets give you some more pictures to wet your appetite and leave you wanting !!!😂
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures ,or Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make and of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week