Well I’m back 🙃🙃, a little longer break than expected , but life and work sometimes gets in the way
But lets catch up and at least get one summer bake in for this year
Something you can get the kids involved with too…. ( get your vacuum ready 😜 I have no guilt !!!!)
DONUTS and SPRINKLES whats not to like 😍😍😍😍
But these are a little different , orange, orange and even more orange , now that really does speak of summer to me !!! The Colour alone
Soft , sweet and delicious they will not last long
So we are making donuts and you’ve no pan, especially if in you are in the UK , yes you can get one.
Heres the link. I’m not affiliated with Amazon I’m only small fry so click away I don’t make a penny 😂😂😂
Wilton Doughnut Baking Tin, Non Stick, Large, 6 Hole https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004CYELOQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_8RJ06QKRKQ5KTER5ZQMG
These are a healthier alternative than a fried donut , nowhere am I saying these are fried donuts nor am I claiming it, but the taste makes a memorable donut and my preference to the grease laden ones
Though they will give you a sugar hit if you choose to icing and sprinkle them !!!! But hey ho its summer you deserve the treat ( well you deserve a treat anytime but today its August and Sunday 🙈🙈)
So lets get on and get these made , you wont regret it either !!!
Zesty Orange Baked Donuts GF, DF, V
How Much Orange can you muster , with this summer baked donuts to tickle your taste buds
- 125 g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Free Plain, UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum ( Omit if your blend contains it )
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 th tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup / Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- FROM 2 ORANGES
- 120 mls Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Finely grated Zest
- 60 mls Dairy Free Milk ( I used Mighty Pea M.lk )
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar .-125 g Icing / Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tbsp Orange juice
- Orange food colouring ( Gluten free and Vegan I used Pro Gel )
- Sprinkles ( Gluten free and vegan ) OPTIONAL……. BUT NOT !!!! ( I used Bake Time Club )
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan / 180 C Standard / 350 F degrees.
- Grease a small doughnut pan.
- Combining the milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl to thicken . Set it aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Zest the orange and rub into the sugar to release the oil and release the flavour
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan and mix well and then sieve
- Mix the vegan milk mixture , orange juice, agave /maple syrup, vanilla, , sugar, and olive oil
- Add to the dry ingredients
- Whisk until smooth ( you cant over mix you’ve no gluten but calm your passion no need to go to mad 😜)
- Place in a piping bag or freezer bag as shown below and pipe into the tins, its the easiest way I’ve found. cut the end the size of the diameter of the donut size
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to let cool completely or like me onto a clean tea towel so they dont mark !!!
- Mix the icing sugar and orange juice and dip the donuts to glaze
- Leave to set slightly
- In a shallow bowl choose your sprinkles and then flip you donuts icing side down, press lightly and then place back on a wire rack to cool
- Best eaten on the day of making
So there you go, all done. For those of you with Children I apologise for the mess, but they will have the time of their lives……… honest. Probably due to the sugar rush.
Now before you go I need to explain why this post is not on a Saturday as usual !!
I’ve participated in an ‘Orange ‘ Collab today on Instagram , my plan was just to make these and post there and Facebook , but these are to yummy to miss to it was the ideal way to dip my toe back into the blog , and kill two birds with one stone …… A recipe was needed to give you all a chance
So without futher boredom of endless reading , the pictures to leave you wanting and hopefully making
Hope you enjoyed this weeks post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜
2 thoughts on “Sunshine On A Plate”
Welcome back! I’m glad you had some time off to sort what life brings…but glad to see you’re back with another fabulous recipe! Sounds amazing and are just as gorgeous. ♥️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Kim …. they certainly brought a smile to my face 💜