Saturday is here gain and its Valentines Day tomorrow
So after the piping extravaganza of last week I thought i would give you a simple but equally delicious bar, to enjoy
I opted to have a play with the iconic Wagon Wheel……….did you know these where invented in the UK in in 1946, but by an Australian Family that owned biscuit factories in both countries !!
But made and designed in Slough first and then rolled out over in Australia and every other British colony too !!
Anyway, who doesn’t want shortbread, jam , marshmallow and chocolate !!
If that doesn’t cover Valentines day as well as a heavenly combination at any point I don’t know what doesn’t !!!
I would be very happy to receive these as a treat on the day !!! Mind yours are long gone and they disappeared whilst I was a work !! I got a test piece and one other. That’s always a good sign and I have two harsh critics that tell me straight I can tell you !!!
Now to be honest this wasn’t a planned blog post …. I have a list of that 🙈
But the very kind folk at Not Guilty -sweet revolution UK gifted me a couple of packets to try …….in my cocoa !!!
But really I always want to do something worthwhile with new ingredients and hence the Wagon Wheel Bar came into existence !!
I know dealing with Aquafaba to make Marshmallow at home can be quite intimidating to some , so to have a great vegan ready made marshmallow available is a bonus
I didn’t on this occasion test it it too much, I wanted success 😂😂😂 but cant wait to get hands on some more locally to get even more creative !!
Anyway this isn’t an advert its just a thank you….I’m always happy to try new products and give them a shout out if its worth the typing 😂😂😂😂
So lets crack on, you’ve time to pick some up and then wow your other half with a delicious sweet treat …..or just keep them to yourself 🙊🙊🙊
Wagon Wheel Slice GF, DF V
The Ionic Wagon Wheel Biscuit in bar form. Shortbread Base, Jammy and Marshmallow middle and Chocolate Topping
- 185 g Vegan butter ( I used Pure Dairy Free Block , US Earth Balance )
- 70 g caster / superfine white sugar
- 260 g Gluten Free Pain Flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Plain blend UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum ( omit if your flour blend contains it )
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 180 g Blackcurrant Jam ( or jam of choice )
- 160 g Vegan Marshmallows ( I used Not Guilty Marylin Mallow marshmallows )
- 300 g gluten Free Vegan Chocolate ( I used Plamil Foods )
- 75 g Vegan Butter
- 2 tbsp Freeze dried Blackcurrants ( or fruit of choice )
- Pre heat your oven to 160 C Convection / 180 C Standard / 350 F
- Grease and line your 8′ ( 20 cm ) tin with parchment paper
- Measure out the sugar and the butter into a bowl or stand mixer and on medium beat until creamy and smooth for 3 minutes
- In a medium bowl weight the flour , xanthan and baking powder into a bowl , combine with a whisk then sieve
- Add half to the butter sugar mix and then mix until combined
- Add the second half and combine until mixed in
- Tip into the pan and smooth out and press down until even , I found that damp fingers where best for this followed by a damp spoon ( the dough is quite sticky )
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 15 minutes until the base is just starting to colour
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a trivet or heat proof surface
- Measure out the jam and warm in the microwave for 10 seconds or on a low heat in a pan on the hob until warm….
- Add to the still warm base and spread evenly
- Cut the marshmallows into three even pieces and place evenly on top of the jam
- Place back into the oven for 7 minutes, remove and squish the marshmallows down until they all meet up
- In a microwaveable bowl or in a pan onto of a pan of simmering water melt the butter and the chocolate ( 20 second bursts in microwave ) stir until combined and thick and glossy
- Pour over the melted chocolate over the marshmallows
- Grind the freeze dried fruit in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle until fine
- Sprinkle on top of the chocolate
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours to set
- Cut into even pieces using a sharp warm knife
So there you go, its my version so its blackcurrant as its one of my other halves favourites !!! ( I do try but I’m sure it doesn’t even register 😂😂😂)
Everyone will love these , young and old alike
Get your Lock down Pants on you are going to need them !!
However there’s always an excuse for a nice easy treat 😍😍😍
You just need to find it 😜😜
Best give you some more pics and you can decide for yourself
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on Word Press or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜