Well we are here again…it’s Saturday…… doesn’t it come round so quickly?
To say we are in another Lock down 🙈
Anyway, I wanted to give a little mash up of seasons this week
The gingery tastes of still dark nights and cold days here in the UK and the thoughts of summer to come and tropical vibes
So a ginger cake with passion fruit cream , certainly fitted the bill ( and I had passion fruits ready for use in the fruit bowl )…..
Yep once again you get what I’ve got in 😳😳
It really is a mash up that works so very well and transports you to exactly where I wanted to go……..with the comfort of the warmth of ginger too
I’ve made this in a 1 lb loaf pan, I’m sure it could be doubled but I’ve not tried it to be fair but I promised smaller bakes because of the smaller households we are currently in !!!
You could always make two and play safe 😂😂
Plus you get to eat it quicker and then bake something new 😜😜😜
No boredom 😂😂😂😂
Right lets crack on times ticking and I need to go to work !!!
Ginger Loaf with Passion Fruit Cream GF, DF V
Spicy Ginger Loaf with a taste of the tropical
- 195 g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove farms Freee UK oe Pilsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum ( if your blend does not contain it )
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Baking Powder ( make sure its GF )
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2540 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Soya )
- 60 ml Neutral Oil ( I used Vegetable )
- 60 g BlackTreacle or Molasses
- 100 g Caster Sugar ( super fine )
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp finely chopped stem ginger ( optonal )
- 125 ml of vegan whipping or double cream ( I used Biovegan Schlag-creme )
- 2 passion fruits
- Pre heat your oven to 170 C Fan / 180 C Standard / 350 F
- Grease and Line your loaf tin with parchment
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar to the milk and leave it to thicken ( Dairy free Buttermilk )
- Add the flour, Xanthan ( If using ), ginger, nutmeg, cloves , baking powder, baking soda in to a bowl and whisk together
- Sieve into a medium bowl to distribute it all evenly
- Add the wet mix to the dry ingredients in two stages and whisk until smooth
- Chop the stem ginger finely ( you can toss this in a couple of teaspoons of GF flour to reduce the chance of sinking if you wish )
- Stir into the batter
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 40 minutes until a cocktail sick or cake tester comes out clean
- Take out of the oven , leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool
- When cooled, whisk the dairy free cream
- Cut the passion fruits in half , remove the pulp and stir in the cream
- Decorate as desired 16, Enjoy
6.Add the oil, treacle , sugar and vanilla to the curdled milk and whisk until combined
So there you go , its really straight forward, just as I like it 😜😜
Ready for your cuppa at anytime 😍
I need to thank Anne for the Bio Vegan Cream, luckily it was in my cupboard stash, there wasn’t a plant based cream available in the supermarket last week to be had
Luckily I had this tucked away ……..but not my usual cream it passed muster 😂
Now onto some pretty pics, which has been difficult with my lack of daylight here and time !!! but i manage some quick ones !! Roll on longer days
Hope you enjoyed the post and I’ve made you want to try
If not this browse the blog, there is plenty to choose from🙊🙊
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me a lot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear.
Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!