There has to be Cookie that shouts sat in front of the fire, cocoa in hand and pjs on 😍😍
And for me this cookie is most probably the one
Filled with Oats , Chocolate , Raisins and Pumpkin Seeds you really can’t go wrong !!
Well I was bound to get Pumpkin in somewhere , but not necessarily how you imagined 😂😂😂
When Tessa Huff posted here Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies recently I knew I had to be on a winner for adapting
Even more of a winner is that its a no chill cookie , and for me that’s really my guide !! Life is to short to wait for chiiling ….
When I want cookies, I want them now 🙈🙈🙈
Not in 2 hours time (or more 😜😜😜)
So I set to work to adapt the recipe , and Tessa Has kindly given me permission to publish the adaptions here on the blog …
I find her recipes some of the best to adapt, and as the ‘Queen of Cakes ‘ she doesn’t half make a mean Cookie 😂😂😂
Right that’s enough ‘Fangirling ‘ lets bake some Autumn Cookies
( OK Fall if you are over The Pond ) 😜😜
Giant Oatmeal Cookies GF, DF V
Bursting with Autumn Flavours and a homely feel, a cookie of large portion for everyone to enjoy
You can swap out the Pumpkin Seeds for nuts, if you want a nut version , and any dried fruit you may have at hand for the raisins
Do not taste the cookie dough !!! Raw chickpea flour is DISGUSTING 😜😜😜
- 120 g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Freee UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 100 g Vegan Block Butter ( I use Stork block or Earth Balance US ) at room temperature
- 75 g Granulated White Sugar
- 90 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 25 g Chickpea / Besan Flour
- 30 ml Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 90 g Rolled Gluten Free Oats ( I use Morrisons Free Whole Oats )
- 85 g Raisins
- 90 g Vegan Chocolate ( either chopped or chips. I use Plamil )
- 30 g Pumpkin Seeds
- Pre heat your oven to 170 C / 350 F I do not use fan for cookies !!!!
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Whisk the flour, xanthan gun baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Mix on medium until combined
- In a small bowl add the chickpea flour and water and whisk together until it is smooth
- Add the chickpea gloop and vanilla to the butter sugar and combine on medium speed
- Add half of the flour mixture in at a time to the bowl . Mix on low until just barely combined (some streaks of flour will remain).
- Add the oats and mix to combine
- Add in the raisins , pumpkin seeds , and chocolate. Mix on low until uniformly distributed
- Weigh out the dough to 85 g balls you should get 8 !!
- Evenly space out the dough on the two sheets, at least 8 cm apart, and pat down flat.
- Bake for 16 minutes
- ‘ Rotate the pans halfway through baking, banging the bottom of the pans against the oven racks at this time and at the end of baking to encourage the centers to collapse and spread. ‘ cos Tessa says 😂😂😂
- edges will be brown and firm but the centres will be squidgy
- Cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool
4.Put the butter into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a mixing bowl and hand mixer) and add in the granulated and brown sugars.
So there you go, a perfect Oatmeal Cookie, that’s not pumped full of either nuts or nut butter ( Because that seems to be the usual offering ) 🙊
Don’t get me wrong I like them too, but I do like ‘normal’ more 😂😂
So without further ado I give you a bank of pics to make you want eat all 8. or at least make them and maybe share one or two…..if you are forced
Once again I would like to thank Tessa for allowing my mutilation
If you want to see the original recipe its here
Hope you enjoyed the post.
I’m now taking a couple of weeks holiday !!!!!
First in 18 months !!!
Time to take a much needed media break.
However if you have any questions etc please don’t hesitate to contact me
Blog and Media breaks doesn’t mean I’m not available to help if i can
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear.
Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
See you in a couple of weeks ,respooned, amd recharged
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!