When something pops up on your Facebook Newsfeed and you think where have these been all my life, then I surely know thats got to be altered
The fact that it’s posted by a friend and I know shes going to be an absolute gem and share her recipe obviously helps too😂😂😂
Reason ……… a trusted recipe base, one that works, one a baker uses to feed her family , I knew I was on a winner
Thank You Alicia for sharing your Cornflake recipe with me…….
Of course I’ve taken absolute liberty and switched it to fully ‘Cauldron’ Intolerant , and may have switched the flavouring too 🙈🙈🙈
But really you wouldn’t expect anything less……would you 😂😂
These cookies are divine, and just shows that cornflakes are not just for breakfast 😂😂 they are for your cuppa anytime
They are a no chill yet again, it works well for me ( lack of risk 😜) and ready fresh in 30 minutes………what more can you want !!!!
I feel on a cookie roll at the moment , my mediocre days are over , at last 😍
Learning how to sub out, and luckily for now choosing recipes that are successful at the first attempt
So lets bake some cookies 😍😍😍😍😍
Lemon and Cranberry Cornflake Cookies GF, DF V
A lovely soft and deep cookie with a Lemony zing and a lovely textural bite
- 300 g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farm Plain Free UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum ( omit if your blend has it in )
- 1 tsp of cornstarch / cornflour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate / Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest of One small Lemon
- 150 g Vegan butter ( I used Stork Block UK or Earth Balance US )
- 135 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 35 g Granulated White Sugar
- 4 tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 40 g Cornflakes ( I use Nestle Go free, make sure your flakes are free from variety )
- 50 g Dried Cranberries
- Pre heat your oven to 160 C / 320 F I advise no fan for GF cookies
- Line 2 Baking trays with Parchment Paper
- Melt the vegan butter in the microwave in 10 second intervals until just melted or on the stove top
- Place in a medium bowl and leave to cool for 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, add the Flour Blend , Xanthan gum if using , Bicarb and baking powder 6.Whisk together until combined
- In a small bowl or mug whisk the chickpea flour and water together till combined
- Add the Sugars , brown and white , chickpea slurry , lemon zest and vanilla to the melted butter and whisk together until all Incorporated
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and with a spatula mix until all has come together evenly
- To the mix tip in the cornflakes and cranberries, stir gently and try not to over break the cornflakes 😂😂😂 your mission for today 😂😂😂
- Once combined take 70 g of mix ( I know or about but I’m a blogger it needs to be right or I will get how big and what scoop and in UK we don’t have scoops easily 🙈)
- Roll into a ball and flatten slightly and place on a baking tray 4 in apart ( about 6 per tray , tray UK about a Brownie tray size)
- Place in the oven for 13 minutes and bake until risen and slightly golden on the edges
- Take out the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes
- Then transfer onto a wire rack to cool
- Store in an airtight container for 7 days ( add a slice of gluten free bread to the container it adsorbs any moisture and keeps them fresher for longer )
I can’t get enough of these cookies at the moment ,
and they are not lasting long 🙈🙈🙈🙈
I do hope you all enjoy them as much as I do, a nice thick soft cookie for everyone to enjoy…….and no one will know they are not all they seem and should be a pile of dust , or a rock hard boulder 😂😂😂😂
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear.
Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!
3 thoughts on “Alicia’s Cookies”
Clare, what are you doing to me? Now I want to make these! And eat them all, of course.
LikeLiked by 1 person
🤣🤣🤣 happy to aid your waistline 🤣🤣
LikeLiked by 1 person
LOL! I actually do need to put on some weight. So you might actually be doing me a favour. It’s just that I always try to eat healthy. Then again, maybe that’s the problem. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person