Well here we are again…… another week and what a week, but I will tell you about that after the bake !!!
So I’m making this brief and to the point .
No unnecessary waffle at present but if you don’t bake this one with the weather nice and the summer vibe starting ,and this right on point more fool you 😂😂😂😂
Strawberry,and Almond is a popular combo in our house ( if there are no visible nuts ,the nut hating Cauldron Apprentice is fine. She ‘will do’ ground almonds and we have no nut allergies here )
As I always try, nut and coconut will always feature in the bake title ( The one under the blog post attention seeking header😜)
I’m not one for hiding ingredients, you excited, and then fall foul to for you to fine out that there is something in it you cant have…..totally an unfair move
Oh and the Poppy Seeds please feel free to omit if you can’t get or you are not keen
Lets get the summer bakes in swing
Strawberry Almond Poppy Seed Cake GF, DF V
Soft Moist Summer Cake loaf, bursting with fresh strawberries and great whatever the occasion
- 180 g Gluten Free Plain Flour blend ( if not using your own, I recommend Dove farms freee Plain or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g Ground Almonds / Almond Meal
- 150 g Caster / Superfine sugar
- Grated Zest of one small lemon
- 45 g Chickpea / Besan Flour
- 6 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Aquafaba ( Chickpea juice out of a can)
- 125 ml Oil ( I used sunflower )
- 240 g Dairy Free Plain Yogurt ( I used Alpro Soya )
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g of Fresh strawberries washed , hulled and quatered
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds ( optional )
- 1 tbsp GF Flour blend
- 40 g Icing Sugar / Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Pre heat your oven to 160 c convection / 175 c standard / 350 F
- Line a 2lb baking tin with parchment paper
- In a bowl whisk together the flour , xanthan gum ( if using ) bi carb and baking powder add the groung almonds and set aside
- Clean hull and cut the strawberries into 1/4ers place in a small bowl ,sprinkle over a tbsp of gluten free flour blend and toss til covered, set aside
- Grate the lemon zest into the yogurt mix and set to one side
- In a small bowl mix the chickpea / besan flour with 6 tablespoons of water until frothy and combined
- In a medium sized bowl add the oil, sugar, aquafaba sugar and chickpea flour blend in a bowl until combined with a whisk
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour / almond mix and with a a spatula until NEARLY combined
- Add the strawberries and the Poppy seeds and continue to mix until all is mixed together
- Add to the pre lined tin and smooth top
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 – 55 minutes ( a cake tester/ cocktail stick when inserted will have crumbs but should not we wet batter )
- Take out of oven and let cool in tin 20 minutes
- Take out and cool on wire rack with paper removed
- Sieve the icing sugar and add the lemon juice , a teaspoon at a time until a thick but splatter consistency is made, alright you try to explain it🙊😂😂😂 test it on the corner of your cake and see if it looks okay 😂😂😂
- After the trauma of getting the right consistency , splatter away with a fork over the cake
- Leave icing to set for 15 minutes, then cut and Enjoy
So there you go a bake you don’t want to miss, fresh and delicious and just right with a glass of iced tea or a standard cuppa if you want.
Lets give you some crumbporn to tempt you further and dont leave after them I’ve something to show you 😎😎
As those that follow me weekly know , I do like to write my blog in historic real time as well it is my diary and journey too
But this week has thrown out one new and delicious bake from The Cauldron Apprentice
An award winner bake that can’t be beat
I present to you ‘The Cauldrons Apprentice Apprentice ‘
Violet Annie ………Born 26th May 2020 at 11.07 am weighting 6 lb 12 oz ( Now that’s the only time you will see imperial measurements on this blog 😂😂😂)
I can see many Violet inspired bakes and weaning recipes in me future…….but hassen to add this little one is currently fully loaded and lets hope it stays that way…..there is no reason it should be an other than that
If recipes do not contain as many detailed pictures the next few weeks please bare with me, we all have a new routine to work out but she will be worth every minute of the new juggling act
One very proud Granny ( if you read my about me I’m Smith by last name so very fitting and that’s thanks to Nichola at the day job for making me now an Apple 😂😂) of both Mum and Baby
So here she is folks😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures ,or Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!