Well here we are another week and another week of trying to inspire you that things don’t need to be as complex as they seem !!
Over the last few weeks I’ve managed to crack the cookie code !!!
And now I can add yet another good basic to your arsenal of baking basics and a chance for me to move forward on my cookie journey
The one and only Chocolate Chip Cookie 😍
Now the one thing I have learnt over my short baking journey is that cookie requirements are subjective and everyone likes different….
But what I personally don’t like are the thin type……. I want something with substance and a little bit puffy
Cookies are a journey , I see so many claims to Gluten Free Cookies that just swap out the flour and personally what I’ve seen it looks like a boulder, they have no finesses and are just not for me
Things need to look right , we eat with our eyes after all .
Usually Good solid ( in a good way ) Gluten Free baking relies heavily on eggs for extra height and that extra binding.
Obviously because I’m trying to cater for the majority of intolerance’s, eggs therefore are not an option.
So rendering this vegan is an easy claim here as the majority of our sugars in the UK are not bone-mill ground , but be aware if you are not in the UK that’s not necessarily the case if you are baking for a Coeliac Vegan ( I’ve had to learn vegan ways for my line of baking and now class myself as a flexitarian 🙈)
Right back to the bake after your educational paragraph of the week !!😜😜
These cookies have gone down a storm at home, I choose at the moment to melt the vegan butter….it takes out the risk factor and we can all gain our confidence together
Now the cookie dough is ‘wet’ so my explanation is in the recipe and some pictures of what to expect ……just read and follow the instructions ……
Are you listening men and the ladies reading this don’t be tempted to tap into your male side 😂😂😂
There are a couple of styles of photos on the post this week, mainly because I made them twice in two days ( just because I needed to check the bake time)
Oh and of course these are chewy on the outside and soft in the middle….just as I like them…….If that’s what you don’t like don’t make them…..simples 🙊🙊🙊
Right lets get you some fresh decent cookies 😍😍
Giant Chocolate Chip Chip Cookies GF, DF V
- 90 g Gluten Free Flour Blend ( if not using your own I recommend Dove Farms Freee Plain Flour or Pilsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum ( omit if your blend includes it )
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 20 g Chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp Water
- 55 g Vegan Butter ( I used Stork block UK or Earth Balance US )
- 65 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 25 g Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 75 g Chocolate Chips ( GF V , I use Plamil )
- 10 g Chocolate chips for topping
- Pre heat your oven to 170 C / 350 F ( I do not recommend convection or fan for GF cookies )
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment , I dont’ use slip mats so cant comment and have seen various posts not advocating for their use but that”s up to you
- In a bowl whisk the flour ,bicarb and xanthan gum ( If using ) and then sieve into another bowl and set aside
- Melt the vegan butter in a bowl until just melted, either in the microwave or on the hob, go gently though it goes quickly
- In a small bowl combine the chickpea flour with 3 tablespoons of water and whisk until creamy ( there maybe some little clumps don’t worry )
- Add the Chickpea flour mix, brown and white sugar and vanilla to the melted butter and whisk until combined
- Add the Butter mix to the sifted flour and using a wooden spoon or spatula mix until combined
- Add the chocolate chips to the mix and stir in
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts…….( mine weighted 80 g )
- Roll into balls NOW LISTEN!!!!!! This needs to be done with wet hand……if you do it with dry you can see the results below…….sometimes things take some practice but just wet your hands and treat it gently like an egg…. a chocolate egg 🙊)
- Place on the baking sheet
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
- When brown round the edges remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray
- Add some extra chips to the top and press in lightly whilst cookies are still warm
- Enjoy with your cuppa
- Can be stored in an air tight container for up to 4 days but you will have eaten them !!!
DRY HANDS !!!!!!!
So there you go….follow the instructions you wont go wrong……if you don’t follow the instructions its not my fault 😜😜😜
Just lightness of touch and you’ve cracked it …..
Now lets give you some pictures I’m in a rush and no chance to chat 😜😜😜
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Things are going to get a little busy round here, my Grandbaby will be arriving in the next couple of days so hopefully next week I will have news !!
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures ,or Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make and of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!