The Festivities are over, but over here in the UK we just know hand on heart we are heading towards the coldest time of year !!
So lets get ready for ‘ The Cold Snap ‘ with a bowl of comforting pudding
You way be able to use your leftover choccies from Christmas too, depending if you’ve not eaten it all 🙈🙈🙈
This recipe is a recipe from My Baking groups Challenge for this month from the Great British Bake Off Big Book of Baking …. link below to book !!!
It was actually my turn to pick !!! I know hot sponge pudding desserts are more specific to the UK so the Internationals in the group could get a treat !!!! British Style
Of course it means I have the chance to adapt a recipe !! It took twice to get a decent pudding, dairy free white chocolate is a beast to work with and can impact on so many variants
So reducing things where need and different egg replacements are need to avoid the usual amount of baking powder and soda I would usually use …….or you can end up with a volcano…….honest I know 🙊🙊🙊🙊🙈
If you dont already know egg replacementis one of the hardest decisions to make !!! Not all ,methods suit all bakes and even more so in Gluten Free baking. This is sometimes where you have to be real and say,,,,yep that will do.
Tastes amazing looks not so great !!!
But you’re the baker , you can make it look like perfection…..😍😍😍
In fact the fact the crumpborn is perfect and the dish is delicious work to your strengths ALWAYS
Slight cracking on the top of this bake ….does it detract from what you see ????
NO you present it ……..
Does it detract from the Taste ?????
Defiantly not it went down well at home and they are my harshest critics, both can eat gluten one non dairy !!!!
I have many bakes that are not the perfect dome, flat , round perfection that you see from others on the screens
We also don’t see the post baked naked item, the back of the cake, the tricks for food photography ( engine oil for one )
I try as I can to present my bakes to inspire you , its my playtime with a camera it finishes the bake for me !!! Do I filter ……. yes of course , its the depths of winter here but I use nothing trick, my phone filter to lighten the pic, that’s your lot……..I’ve no time left in my schedule for high photography editing for starters
But you will always find the this is how it looks coming put the oven
Its taken me many months to come to terms with that things are not always as they seem in the screen………and if I make anyone feel uncomfortable about my passion for presenting intolerance baking well, I am not going to apologise !!!
What I know is I’m presenting you a good solid bake, with true direction and true ingredients, as easily as possible with a variety of bakes, I’m no cake, pastry , cupcake etc specialist , I try to cover everything !!
Right with that we best get some comfort on a plate in your bellies !!
Lets Bakes 😍😍😍
White Chocolate Puddings with Chocolate Sauce GF, DF V
A White Non Dairy Sponge pudding with Easy Chocolate Sauce, Quick and Easy Recipe
Can be made in advance and reheated in separate components in microwave but pudding must be un moulded whilst warm ( store in air tight container for 48 hours in fridge ) Keep chocolate sauce in fridge covered in appropriate container I have not frozen these so not sure how they will keep. but in all honesty i cant see why not…. so feel free , the puddings not the sauce !!!! The sauce will NOT freeze
- 70 g White Chocolate Gluten Free and Vegan. (I used Sainsbury Free From )
- 110 g Vegan Butter (I used Pure , UK or Earth Balance US ) at room temperature
- 125 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 125 g Gluten Free Plain Flour blend ( If not using your own blend Doves Farm UK Pilsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your blend includes it )
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Chickpea / Besan Flour
- 3 tbsp Water
- 60 g Dairy Free Yogurt of choice ( I used Alpro Soya )
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract -125 g Dark Chocolate ( Check for GF V properties I used Sainsbury Free from )
- 150 ml Soya Milk ( or Oat / Coconut )
- 1 tbsp Vegan butter
- Pre heat your oven to 160 C Fan / 180 C Standard / 360 F
- Grease 4 ramekins generously with Vegan Butter , fingers are handy 🙊
- Break the White Chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl over a pan in of simmering water ( Dairy Free White Choc is very sensitive do NOT attempt this in the microwave it easily burns …… I’ve learnt my lesson on more than one occasion its tried and tested )
- Let it melt until 3/4 , melted then take it off the heat, stir and set aside ( it keeps liquid form for quite a while . can be re heated if your not quick )
- Mix the the flour blend, xanthan ( if using ) and baking powder in a bowl with a whisk
- Sieve the flour mixture into a bowl……it is important don’t miss the step
- Place the Vegan Butter and Sugar in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment / or with a hand mixer and mix for 5 minutes until light and creamy ( whoops forgot picture but you can see consistency in step 10🙈 )
- In a small bowl weigh out the yogurt and vanilla and mix together
- In another small bowl mix the 3 tbsp chickpea flour and 3 tablespoons of water until combined
- Add a Tbsp of flour blend and half the Chickpea Slush and on low mix til combined
- REPEAT Step 10 😜😜😜
- Add half the yogurt with a table spoon on flour and again on low mix til combined
- REPEAT Step 12 😜😜😜😜
- Add the rest of the flour blend and fold in with a spatula, until just combined
- Add the melted white chocolate and combine
- Place 110 g of mixture in each ramekin or pudding mould , 2/3rd’s full , Smooth with a teaspoon
- Place on baking tray in middle of oven and bake for 30 minutes, until risen and golden brown and a cake tester or cocktail stick comes out clean
- Whilst baking make sauce
- Place Chopped chocolate , soya milk , vegan butter over a pan of hot water as in step 3, it can look off !!!! But don’t despair keep whisking it may turn thick and grainy DO NOT WORRY
- Take of the heat and add the rest of the soya milk and whisk…..if still thick add some more ( I added only 50 ml but will depend on chocolate type ) If pudding not ready it can be reheated over water ( can microwave if bowl is microwave save but CHECK )
- Take Pudding out of oven when cooked , leave for 5 minutes to cool and loosen naturally from the sides
- Place a plate on the top of the pudding and turn the whole lot upside down in one move
- Cover with chocolate sauce and serve
So there you go its really that easy and really delicious…..
Of course there may be calls for custard , cream or icecream…….take your pick
You may need to think on your choice of how dark you require your chocolate for the sauce ……I like really dark 85% some not so much, so as long as its GF V it will be fine, hence the adding the extra cooler milk to the sauce it gives you the flexibility dependent on the amount of cocoa butter there is in the chocolate
So just add it a little at a time until you get the consistency desired, if you have any left over you can use it drizzled over fruit and ice cream at another point !!
Hope you enjoyed this weeks post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜
2 thoughts on “Theres Always Time for Sponge Pudding Comfort !!”
Gluten free and vegan! You just made my day. Can’t wait to make these!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you. Enjoy 💜💜
LikeLiked by 1 person