Well its the weekend before Christmas and I’m sure you are all in full festive mode
Everything of course planned with military precision and no stone has been left un turned, everything is going like clockwork and relatives are due to start arriving at the beginning of the week !!!
You do a quick ring round to check arrival times and bang……it happens, the one thing you didn’t plan……. Little Tommy poor soul has developed an egg allergy , and , Jess is awaiting results for Coeliac so shes off the gluten , Aunt Nora 3 times removed has gone Vegan in preparation for Veganuary ( shes getting practice )😂
Well the Dinner is salvageable with work and its Christmas so its proper gravy so that’s a cornflour job and no stuffing for them , you are more than capable of russling up some a vegan savoury crumble for one…..chuck some booze in the sauce….good to go, you’ve enough veg in !!!!
Oh god dessert, I’ve no dessert………
Well you have now…..I’ve made you one, out of store cupboard ingredients even that late in the day, but hopefully the other half will oblige if you are missing anything on Christmas Eve as we all know they love a last minute shop
Way back in June I told you to keep some Intolerant Digestives stashed in the freezer !!! Didnt I, well now you know why !!!
Here check 😂😂😂
i know you didn’t tut tut !!! Well you maybe able to buy some dry type ones in the whacky aisle at the supermarket that will suit everyone but if not dont worry it can be done without , but make it a New Year resolution to get them done …..lesson learnt !!!
Now I’ve shown you how to do some basic bling, you don’t have too, it will taste and look just as good with a little fruit and a grate of chocolate
You can add and fruit or combination of flavours you wish. If you are concerned you are going to end up giving someone something they should have, stick to adding zests of citrus it works as well as anything
In the increase issues of dietary problems is now time to address always having a bar of GF V chocolate knocking about…….the Vegan is easy usually 70% and above is fine, the Gluten free not always depending on folk severity, so always air on the worst case you wont go wrong !!!
Right here goes, the best emergency dessert I have to offer and its ready in less than and hour
Emergency Chocolate Pots GF, DF V
A luxurious feel emergency dessert, ready in an hour
- 1 Can of Chickpeas or other legumes 400g . Yielding 200 ml approx of Aquafaba ( bean juice🙊 )
- 120 g Dairy Free , Vegan GF Chocolate ( which ever intolerance you are dealing with )
- 1 can of fruit 400 ml or fresh fruit of choice
- 2 tbsp spirit of choice
- 1 tsp cream of tatare or lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 GF V digestives, homemade or shop bought if you have
- Dairy Free Cream sub of choice ( i used Schlagfix but coconut cream will work ) Chocolate Bling
- 50 g Dairy free, Vegan GF Chocolate
- Freeze Dried Fruit
- Sprinkles ( check they are GF V if using )
- Prepare some vessels….I used 2 standard Glasses
- Prep the fruit……..I opened a can and drained 😂😂
- Add the booze , I had Brandy at hand as its Christmas and stir…..set a side
- Open the Legumes…..i used chickpeas, drain the juice into the mixer , whisk til frothy
- Add the cream of tartar or lemon juice
- Whilst Aquafaba is volumising……..smash biscuits with rolling pin in a freezer bag , good stress relief cos they turned up 😜😜😜
- Melt 120g of chocolate in microwave in 10 second bursts or bain marie ( bowl over simmering water until just melted and leave to cool }
- Add maple Syrup and vanilla to last minute of aquafaba whisking
- Spoon cherries into glass , followed by biscuit crumb ( yes I forgot to get the crumb shot !!!!)
- Put the cooled chocolate into the aquafaba
- Fold in gently but it will work but it will also deflate ALOT , but go steadily be GENTLE
- Place the chocolate mush on top of the cherries and biscuit, with a spoon and put into freezer for 30 minutes
- Melt the remaining chocolate and cool slightly
- Using a piping bag or freezer bag spoon the chocolate in, cut a very small corner of the bag…….REALLY SMALL
- Sprinkle some bits if you have them
- Whip up your cream of choice
- Take Chocolate pots out of freezer and top with cream
- Bling, grated chocolate will work just fine
- Smile be smug 😂😂😂🙈😜
6.Whisk for 10 minutes until stiff peaks and increased ALOT in volume
16, Make some pretty shapes
So there you go. I couldn’t have made it any easier !!!
These actually lasted 3 days in the fridge so can be made in advance and clingfilm over , just top with dairy free cream sub the night before !!
No fuss but plenty of bling, looks the part I think and to be honest, emergency pudding it maybe , but it can be any day pudding, its that easy !!! I could have called it ‘Bad Day at the Office Pudding ‘ , it certainly would fit that bill if you are needing the comfort hit…..best thing less saturated fat !!!!!!! WINNER
Right now for some Dessert Porn !!!! Wouldnt be a Saturday without it !!!!
Would it 🙈🙈🙈
So with that parting shot, I wish you all a Fantastic Christmas and hope that Santa has been kind by passing over your misdemeanours and you have a happy and healthy one
Sign up for an email, ( its at the end of the page or in the contact me section) and then you wont miss another instalment.
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to the rest of the week.
If you make any of my recipes let me know, I do like to hear, Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Share me about, I’m easy 😜😂😜
Bye for now💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜