Well Folks this is my first Recipe Blog Post First of many I do hope.
Hopefully I’m going give the courage and the base recipes for the first few weeks. Recipes that you have there that you can use or add to your files as bases for additions.
I’m going to make it easy for now, lets use commercial brands, there is plenty of time for me to gain your confidence and then load you up with more items to .
Right are you sitting comfortably 😂 …….💜. then lets begin………..in standard recipe format ………..with pretty pictures 😍
Vanilla Sponge Cake
Light Moist Vanilla Sponge Cake GF, DF V
This mix will provide you enough batter for 2 x 9in baking pans or 3 x 6in pans
- 350ml Soya milk
- 3 Tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 115g of Vegan butter, melted ( UK Pure Vegan Alternative, US Earth Butter )
- 115ml Oil of choice ( sunflower oil or rapeseed are me first choices )
- 350g Granulated Sugar of choice ( not brown)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 350g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( Dove Farms UK or Pilsbury US Cup for Cup )
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoons Xanthan gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- Preheat oven to 160 C convection/ 180 C standard /350 F
- Grease and line your selected pans
- Combine the soy milk with the white wine vinegar, and leave to stand for at least 5 minutes
- Use a large bowl to combine the vegan butter, oil sugar and vanilla until smooth, this can be done in a stand mixer on medium if you require Stir in the buttermilk concoction
- Mix the flour, baking soda and xanthan in a bowl with a hand whisk to combine
- Then sift the flour mixture into the bowl of fluids and whisk until smooth
- Pour the batter equally between your pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean, a check at 30 minutes is recommended.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in pans, then place on wire rack ( I place mine on tea towels to save marking).
Now Ive given you the base recipe to decorate as you require.
Want to have a go at a jam, try this and 1/4 the recipe !!
Frostings will a whole new post 😂😍💜
Thank you for taking the time to have a nosey, comments welcome and feedback of course.
Phew I’ve done it 😂😂😂 hopefully it will get easier next week ( the blog, not the cake 😂😂)
If you make this cake, let me know, tag me on Insta, #everyoneshouldenjoycake or leave me a comment