Well now for something a little different this week !!
Caramilk ……..but not Caramilk 🙊 ……. Caram!lk Cookies because these are Gluten Free and Vegan
Who would have thought that this chocolate development would have happened at all……. but the folk at Plamil Foods / So Free Here in the UK have nailed it to the mast
This I must add quickly is not an add this was just the desire to get my hands on the product …….so much so I bought 6 bars 🙊🙊🙊
So I wanted to make something that was quick easy and fuss free
So Cookies it is ….and delicious they are
As I say with all my cookies that contain Chickpea Flour …..
Please do not taste these until they are cooked …..
It honestly is the food of the devil and you deserve to eat these baked 😂😂
They certainly didn’t hang around long in our Biscuit Tin ( Cough Cookie Jar if you must 🤣)
I have this week once again included a little You Tube Video , If I have these produced I will up load them for you
It may not be every week it does depend on time restraints and whether I can be bothered 😂😂😂, but if there is one to be had I will endeavour to get them to you
It still seems a little surreal that I have actually manage to negiotiate some changes to The blog …..
I do hope you like the changes , and I hope its now easier to read and more enjoyable to see the videos that the still pics
Now lets bake some Cookies !!!
Caram!lk Cookies GF, DF V
A thick NYC style cookie packed with chunks of Caram!lk caramlised white chocolate. A delicious combo with a crisp outside and gooey middle
- 110 grams Plant Based Butter ( at room temperature )
- 50 grams Caster sugar
- 100 grams Light brown sugar
- 250 grams Gluten Free Plain flour blend ( if not using your own I recommend Dove Farms Freee UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum ( Omit if your blend contains it )
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 210 g Gluten Free Vegan Caram!lk Chocolate roughly chopped ( I used Plamil / So Free Carami!k )
- 3 tbsp Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 3 tbsp Tap Water
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum , baking powder and bicarb in a bowl with a hand whisk intil fully combined and set aside
- Roughly chop the Caram!lk Chocolate
- Using a a Stand mixer with a paddle attachment or In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl , mix the Besan/ Chickpea flour with the water and the vanilla extract until smooth
- Add the chickpea flour mix to the creamed sugar
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda
- Mix until you have a firm dough.
- Add in your chopped up caram!lk bar and mix through.
- Portion up 8 even cookie dough balls. Mine were about 90 grams each.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 390 F I do not advise fan mode for cookies !!
- Bake 2 or 3 at a time on a baking tray lined with parchment in the centre of the oven
- Bake for 15 minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie.
- Once baked leave to cool for about 15 minutes.
Well I best give you some more pictures to make you real want to make them….. they are really worth the calories 😍😍
Hope you enjoyed the post…..I really enjoyed making something a little magical and non standard
Please leave me a comment or a like, it does the world of good to keep me going and hopefully expand your knowledge.
Sign up for an email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty picture, or follow on WordPress or Instagram, see what I’m up too on a most daily basis.
If you make this or any of my recipes, let me know how you’ve gone on, drop me a line @clarescauldron tag me on Instagram or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share this amongst the awkward ones !!!!