Something Iconic this week !! Simple but delicious
Raisin Oatmeal Cookies !!!! Okay I can hear some disapproval that you are not keen on raisins !!!
Well Im sorry but you are missing a treat
I’ve also read that folk feel duped when they get a raisin cookie , thinking its chocolate 😂😂…. well every cookie doesn’t have to contain chocolate SURELY !!!
Well not in The Cauldron Anyway
This recipe is so easy , one that you could easily get the kids involved in !!
They have the soft middle with chewy outer that fit the bill of a great oatmeal cookie , plus the bursts of soft raisin to boot
The everyday cookie that just keeps giving
My last recipe for 3 to 4 weeks but I will explain that after the recipe
So with that lets bake ( Oh and another video for you to show how easy it is )
Raisin Oatmeal Cookies GF, DF V
Delicious soft and chewy Raisin and Oatmeal cookies
- 125 g Unsalted Plantbased Butter ( I use Flora plant based )
- 100 g Light Brown Sugar
- 75 g White Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Chickpea/ Besan Flour
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 150 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( I recommend Doves Farm Freee UK or Pillsbury Us )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your flour blend contains it )
- 150 g Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder ( make sure it is GF )
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 200 g Raisins
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Add in the Gluten Free plain flour blend , oats, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and xanthan gum , cinnamon and nutmeg ( If using )to bowl and whisk together
- Add your plant based butter and sugars to a bowl and beat till creamy
- Mix 3 tbsp of chickpea/ besan flour to 3 tbsp water and mix until smooth
- Add this to the creamed mixture with the vanilla extract and beat until combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed and beat until a dough is formed
- Add in your Raisins and beat mix in until distributed well. I found hand best !!! ( The doughs will be a little tacky )
- Weigh your cookies out into nine cookie dough balls – about 90g each!
- Roll your cookie dough into balls (don’t roll it too tightly )and put your cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour
- Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 200C / 395 F ( I do not recommend convection for cookies )
- Take your cookies out of the freezer/fridge and put onto a lined baking tray. I put four to five cookies per tray!
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes
- Once baked, leave them to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes,
- Best eaten on the day but will keep in an air tight container for 3 days ( Just give them a little freshen up in the microwave for 10 seconds or in the oven for a couple of minutes
So there you go they are really that easy !!
And a recipe you will make time after time….. a stable bake
Don’t forget that freshly grated Nutmeg it makes all the difference and gives it that Bakery taste we all crave
But remember this is not a raw cookie dough…. don’t even go there its rank until its cooked …… Chickpea flour is not a product to be eaten raw but it is delicious cooked !
Now for some more pictures to make you keep wanting and needing these little morsels , because you would be mad not too !!!
Well as I said I will be missing a few weeks …
Next week I have a the small matter of a Wedding Cake to make and construct ( Not my own don’t worry ) 🤣🤣 so I’m going to be very busy
Then its my two weeks Annual Leave from my day job and at last we get to go on a short break …. so I’m going to take the opportunity to take a well earned social media break
So hopefully I will come back refreshed and full of ideas to keep you entertained over the summer
So with that in mind
Hope you enjoed this quick post
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier
.Bye for now 💜💜💜