Something with a little zing this morning to perk up your palates and lead into warmer days
Lets Take the Humble loaf Cake, fill it with Blueberries , add some zingy lime and top it with a light streusal….that should keep you happy
So easy so delicious and will leave you wanting more ….. well it better 😂
We all at the moment need ease and comfort and Loaf Cakes always fit the mark
I wonder how many tonnes of banana bread was baked over lockdowns ??
Though it has its place ( Banana Bread that is ) its time to move on so this is probably one of many loaf cakes that will hit the blog …..well I think everyone now has a tin 😂😂
So lets Crack on I know that we need to get that oven on !!!
Blueberry and Lime Streusel Cake Loaf GF, DF V
A blueberry muffin bread is soft, moist, and loaded with blueberries. with that zing of lime
- 250g Gluten Free Plain flour Blend ( If not using your own blend i recommend Dove Fars Freee UK or Pillsbury Us )
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 120 g dairy free butter, softened to room temperature ( I used Flora Plant based )
- 100g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 50g Soft light Brown Sugar ( I used Billingtons )
- zest of one lime ( about a tbsp )
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds and 6 tbsp Warm Water
- 120 Dairy Free Yogurt at room temperature ( I used Coconut Collaberative Natural )
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 80ml milk, at room temperature ( I used Mighty Pea Pea M!lk )
- 250g fresh blueberries ( I do not advise frozen for this ) – FOR STREUSEL TOPPING
- 40 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend
- 2 Tbsp soft brown sugar,
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 g Vegan butter
- Mix the Chia Seeds and Warm Water in a small bowl and set aside to go gloopy
- preheat the oven to 160 C fan/ 180 C Standard / 350 F
- Grease a line with parchment a 2lb ( 9×5 inch loaf pan ) . Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthan gum together in a large bowl and then sift ( Better rise if you sift !!!! I promise )
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter, caster sugar, and brown sugar and lime zest together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- On medium speed, add the chia gloop in two halves one at a ,beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the yogurt and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined.
- add the dry ingredients and milk into the wet ingredients and fold until no flour pockets remain with a spatula
- Fold in the blueberries by hand
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan
- Melt the Butter for the strudel topping
- With a fork , mix the flour , brown sugar and cinnamon until combined
- Add the melted butter and mix together until crumbs form
- Sprinkle on Loaf
- Bake for 55/60 minutes, loosely covering the bread with tinfoil at the 30 minute mark to help prevent the top getting too brown.
- A cake tester or cocktail stick inserted in the centre of the loaf will come out clean when the cake is done
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Cover and store bread at room temperature for 2 days or airtight in the fridge for 5 days but it wont last that long
This Loaf didn’t last long I can tell you …..it just hits the mark
We get overloaded with all the utra sweet , chocolate and caramel flavours or palates deserve a good old change !!!
Personally I love a good chocolate bake as much as the next ‘baker ‘
But i do like my fruit based bakes too….. it just right for me
Let me show you why !!
I rest my case to the benefit of fruit based baking 😜
Right Time for A Coffee
Hope you enjoyed this quick post of a so called ‘ Quick Bread’ Over the pond !!
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜
2 thoughts on “Blueberry and Lime Streusel Cake”
This looks amazing. Could it be made so it isn’t gluten-free? I know I would leave out the xantham gum, but is it a 1:1 switch for other flours?
I am a huge fruit loaf lover. Not so much with chocolate. This just looks so yummy!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much…. yes just a straight forward swap 1:1 for plain /all-purpose flour all my recipes will do that for you 💜