I do not say lightly when I type the Ultimate Loaf Cake 😂😂😂
To me this cake has it all, covers every season, both fresh and frozen products. ideal for a cuppa or as dessert
Plus it has crumble and who doesn’t like crumble !! That textural sensation that takes a cake to a new level !!
I try to keep the blog to a level that makes you feel at ease and comfortable, to at least try to achieve a decent bake no matter what the weather
Allergy baking ( as some may call it ) is never in my book a reason to have substandard and pumped full of unnecessary chemicals to give longevity items !!!
Whatever your dietary issues there is always a way, if you are stuck please give me a shout because if there is a need for something by one person I’m more than happy to give it a go……at least once 😂😂😂
So with that little statement of intent today lets talk CAKE !!!!!
A beautifully moist cake , packed with fruit and chocolate the top !!!
Whats not to like ???? Absolutely nothing unless you don’t like cherries, chocolate or crumble ….then step away from the blog 😝😝
Cherry Chocolate Crumble Cake…..my absolute Favorite of loaf Cakes !!
(Should you be reading this ????😂😂😂)
So lets bake some elevenses, just what is needed this week and this cake freezes beautifully so double the recipe make two and bang one in the freezer for laters 😍😍😍
Cherry Chocolate Chip Crumble Loaf GF, DF V
There are no words but the Ultimate loaf Cake !!
- 150 g Fresh, canned ( drain and blot dry ) or Frozen Cherries ( Do Not defrost if using frozen )
- 1 tbsp of 60 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend dove farms freee Plain flour blend or Pilsbury US )
- 125 g Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate chips ( I used Plamil foods )
- 75 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Alpro Soya )
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 160 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend dove farms freee Plain flour blend or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 125 g Soft Brown Sugar ( I used b=Billingtons )
- 30 ml Oil ( I used vegetable )
- 2 tsp Chickpea ( Besan ) Flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 90 g Dairy Free Yogurt ( I used Alpro Plain Soya )
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- FOR THE CRUMBLE TOP
- 50 g Demerara Sugar ( I used Billingtons )
- 50 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend
- 50 g Vegan Butter ( I used Plora Plant Based unsalted UK or Earth Balance US )
- 25 g Whole Oats ( Make sure they are GF Certified if needed , I use Morrison Free From
- 50 g Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chips ( I used Plamil Foods )
- Pre heat your oven to 160 C fan /180 C standard / 350 F
- Grease and line a loaf tin with a strip of parchment
- Stone and chop the cherries in half and quarters and toss in a table spoon of flour ( do not defrost frozen ones )…… set aside
- Make the crumble by adding the Demerara Sugar , oats flour ( no xanthan needed ) and butter and rub in with your fingers until full combined and rugged looking ….like the picture below and add the 50 g chocolate chips place in the fridge
- Add the Apple cider Vinegar to the milk in a small bowl and put to one side ( This will thicken and become buttermilk )
- In a medium size bowl place the GF flour blend, Xanthan (if using )baking powder and cinnamon and whisk together
- Then add the water to the chickpea flour and whisk til smooth
- In a large bowl place the brown sugar , yogurt , curdled milk chickpea flour slop, oil and vanilla and whisk until combined
- Sieve the dry mixed flour etc into the wet combination
- Stir until nearly fully combined a few streaks of flour dont matter
- Add the fruit to the batter and 150 g Chocolate Chips to the Batter
- Stir in gently until combined
- Transfer to loaf tin and smooth surface as best you can
- Place on the top of the loaf
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 55 minutes test by inserting a cocktail stick or cake tester into the centre , only a few crumbs should stick
- Take out of the oven, cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool complelety
So there you go, a nice bake for everyday !!
It may not be a winner in the fancy pants stakes ( I can oblige that one but I’m sure one highly decorated cake every few months is enough for most folks to try is enough ), after all majority of us are just ‘good ole’ homebakers !!
Plus I think that this year is the year of the loaf cake ….that isnt Banana !!!
So will leave you with some pictures to wet your appetite enjoy
My baking is not everyone’s cup of tea, I’m more than aware of that but I am still grateful for the loyalty show by my followers, true friend and family of course, over my baking journey.
They are in it for the long haul and well you all know who you are …..
Loyalty is key to keeping this journey going …its time consuming and takes up more time than folk imagine unless you live in it !!!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear.
Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!