Well this could be the last roll of the Pumpkin Dice for this season so thought I best bring a new recipe to the pass before October is out !!!
One reason is a beautiful new Bundt Pan Gifted by my fellow baker in the States … Shari thank you so much its a Nordic Ware Pan !!! The ultimate in Bundt Pans
And as you will see from the post it worked a like a dream
So today I present to you a delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt, filled with the taste of the season and topped with a dreamy silky chocolate ganache
I have included in this recipe my Bakers Pan Gloop ( Gluten Free and Vegan ) to aid getting your pan greased well, we don’t need any sticking in this bake !!
Unlike many recipes I advise you leave the cake to cool in the pan for an hour, Gluten Free and Vegan bakes can be fragile when warm and this combats any unstable warm bake
So lets get on with this bake before the clock strikes midnight in the 31st and all the pumpkins disappear in a whoosh of pumpkin smoke ( Mind I can see this cake being made out of season because well its to good to miss out on just for dates 😂😂
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake GF, DF V
A Moist Cake filled with Flavour of the season added chocolate and silky chocolate ganache of the season,
- FOR PAN RELEASE
- 40 g Vegetable Solid Fat or Shortening ( I used Trex )
- 40 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend dove farms freee Plain flour blend or Pilsbury US )
- 40 ml Vegetable Oil
- FOR THE CAKE
- 400 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend dove farms freee Plain flour blend or Pilsbury US )
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum ( Omit if your blend contains is )
- 200 g Soft Brown Sugar ( I used Billingtons )
- 150 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder ( Make Sure its Gluten Free )
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Mixed Ground Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 425 g of Pureed pumpkin or Butternut Squash
- 180 ml of Neutral Oil ( I used vegetable )
- 100 ml Dairy free Milk ( I used Alpro Soya )
- 100 ml Dairy Free Plain Yogurt ( I used Alpro Soya )
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- FOR THE GANACHE
- 150 g Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate ( I used Plamil )
- 75 ml Soya Milk ( I used Alpro )
1. Pre heat your oven to 160 C Fan / 180 C Standard / 350 F
2. Repair you Pan grease buy mixing the flour and vegetable solid fat together into a think paste
3. Using an immersion blender of whisk add the oil and combine until a smooth lump free paste
4. Using a pastry brush coat the inside of the pan well until all areas are covered … set aside
5. Whisk together the plain flour, light brown soft sugar, caster sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum ( if using) bicarbonate of soda,mixed spice and cinnamon and salt in medium mixing bowl.
6. Sieve into a large mixing bowl
7. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, non-dairy milk, yogurt , and vanilla extract and whisk until no lumps remain
9. add the chocolate chips and stir in until combined
8. Transfer the batter to the prepared tin and spread it level.
8, Bake in centre on oven for 50 minutes, test with a cocktail stick of cake tester in the centre so it comes out clean
9. Leave the cake to cool in the tin on a wire rack for one hour before carefully flipping it out onto a wire rack and leaving it to cool completely.
10. Make the ganache
11. Warm the milk in a sauce pan or microwave until just before the boil
12. Add the remaining chocolate chips and to a medium bowl
13. Add the warmed milk to the chocolate and level it to stand for a minute and then whisk
14, It may look split keep whisking and it will go glossy and thick, add the vegan butter and stir in
15. Leave to cool until a drip consistency , try a drip down the side of your sink bowl ( Thanks Shari for that tip ) and then decoratively cover best you can
So there you go…. one delicious bake .
I sent this bake out for trail to The Wellbeing Lounge before I decided to publish it to make sure it fitted the bill
Its overly sweet and that was the idea, the chocolate in and on it compliments it enough to balance it perfectly
It got rave reviews and sold out quickly ….always a good sign so it was a winner and one to share for everyone to enjoy
If you cant find canned pumpkin you can always roast your own, you will find the directions for that on this post here
So without any more fuss lets get you some more pics to make you want this even more !!!!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures ,or Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make and of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week