Well we are all dreaming of the arrival of summer and it won’t be long !!
So I’m hopping on the Strawberry Bus to start it off
On saying that these Cookies can be enjoyed anytime of year , and with homegrown in season strawberries it can only get better
As with my cookies so far they are no chill. I’m not adverse to a chill cookie , but for me when I want a cookie I want it now …..not in 2 hours later
These ones give you a bite of fruit in every bite and my favourite is always a softer cookie , maybe its years of bad gluten free hard offerings that have made me that way
Soft at one point was never an option everything even commercially was as hard as the hobs of hell !!!
So this is a cross between shortbread and a scone so for me that is absolutely perfect and my type of heaven
You can have these made and enjoyed in less than an hour and that makes it one of my quickest recipes to date ……. yey you’ve got the rest of the day to enjoy yourself and come back to a delicious cookie and a cuppa when you’ve finished
And yes to me these are a cookie and not a British biscuit there’s too much sugar in them 😜😜😜
So without anymore waffling off we go ( and sorry for the large working pics WordPress has decided to update and currently I can’t work out how to scale the dam things down !!!! Why cant folk just leave the things ALONE !! )
Strawberry and Lemon Cookies GF, DF V
A taste of summer in an easy soft cookie ....no chill and ready in a jiffy
- 25 g Chickpea / besan flour
- 30 ml tap water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice from 1 lemon
- 100 ml nuetral oil , ( I used vegetable oil )
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 110 g Granulated sugar
- 220 g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( If not using your own flour blend I recommend dove farms Free UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 120 g Fresh Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Pre heat your oven to 180 C or 350 F I do not recommend fan for cookies
- Line two baking trays with parchment or slipmat ( I however do not use slip mats )
- In a small bowl whisk the water and the chickpea flour together until smooth and combined
- In large bowl whisk the chickpea slurry , oil , lemon juice , sugar and vanilla until smooth and combined
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum until combined
- Trim and cut the strawberries into small pieces about 1/2 cm if not smaller
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined with a spatula
- Add the strawberries and mix trying not to break the strawberries
- Make balls of 55 g each ( Yes I weighed them ) about a 3 tbsp scoop
- Place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with more granulated sugar
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven , you can press lightly or tap the pan on the work surface if you require a slighly flatter cookie
- Leave to cool on the baking tray
So there you go , they are really that easy and you know I like simple, tasty and easy to do
After all we are un a unlock this week and you will have less time tied to the kitchen sink , well at least in the England , lets hope it stays that way !!
So more pics to inspire you and I’m off to make some more before I get busy under a mound of cakes this month…..its birthday month !!!
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on Word Press or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week stay safe , stick by the rules ……..
Bye for now 💜💜💜