Well I threatened I would , so I thought I best crack on 😜😜
Baby treats 😂😂 but these are Mummy treats too
Everyone can enjoy these Muffin Cups, small medium or large !!
They keep you fuller for longer are Ideal for lunch boxes, and in the right size, ideal for small little hands
The mini muffin tin I use for #thecauldronapprenticeapprentice is one from Lakeland
There are plenty on the market but you cant beat Lakeland for good mini tins !
These muffins packed with oats and fuit and all things healthish !!
But the fact we are all eating these from two batches bakes its far easier for breakfast and snacks ……and Violet loves them ( as you will see later 😍)
And easy……they are really easy, why make life difficult when you have a little hungry one to feed
So lets crack on we don’t need to waffle , a muffin is a muffin after all 🙊🙊
Violet's Oat Muffin Cups GF, DF V
Muffins for all, a great way to start the day....together !!
Can be frozen for up to 6 weeks
Recipe can be doubles or tripled
Food Processor required
- 65 g Gluten Free Whole Oats ( I use Morrisons Free From )
- 50 g chopped Banana
- 30 g Dairy Free Yogurt , I used Alpro Soy
- 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds or ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp luke warm tap water
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3 tbsp Agave Syrup ( I used Groovy Food )
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free Milk ( I used Moma Oat )
- 20 g Grated Parsnip
- 40 g Grated Apple
- 40 g Grated Pear
- Pre heat your oven to 165 C fan / 180 C Standard / 350 F
- Mix your Chia seeds or Flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water and leave to stand and go gloopy
- Weigh out your oats, add baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices
- Add to blender and grind until fine oatmeal
- Add banana, Chia/ Flax gloop , Agave syrup, yogurt and Milk and blend to combine
- Grate , parsnip, apple and pears
- Add and combine until it looks like below
- Spray or oil mini muffin tray or add muffin liners to standard tray
- Fill each whole to the tin top
- Place in oven on middle shelf
- Bake minis for 16 minutes and standard for 20 minutes until cake tester of cocktail stick comes out clean
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool
- See notes for storage
- Serve as desired with fruit and yogurt or on their own
So there you go, they really are that simple
They save well in the fridge and freeze too, so you can make plenty for that quick fix
When I originally made the mini ones I thought……never these are too small
How wrong I was, they are the perfect size for little hands and packed with all the good fruits they are getting that little extra
My sweet element is Agave syrup, which may seem a little…controversial but for me with honey being out and wanting a sugar that wouldn’t leave Violet hanging upside down from the ceiling for me on this occasion it is the right choice
The sugars from Agave Syrup are slow release so that fitted the brief, but feel free to use Maple or Golden syrup if you feel fit
So without further ado some more pics and you could have these on the table in 30 minutes ……go on I dare you 😜😜
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear.
Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!