Less than two weeks to go to THE BIG DAY , when the man in the red suit arrives and works his wondrous magic !!
I promised a few weeks ago that I would develop recipes that would be able to feed a crowd
These little beauty’s will do exactly that !!
Sticky Toffee pudding in cake form !! Whats not to like !!
Packed with dates, treacle and on this occasion paired with white chocolate buttercream and caramel sauce ……its pure luxury and not for the faint hearted 😜😜
There’s no way how small your gathering , that you shouldn’t spoil yourself rotten , especially after this year !!
I’m over the moon how these beauties turned out , and once again I recipe developed for SJ at the Wellbeing Lounge for her Seasonal Afternoon Teas
She well aware these recipes are here for the taking ….
Mainly because if I get ill with my lupus she can Danielle to have a go (please god don’t let SJ her muffins where ermmmmm……..lets say NO !!! , she no baker but an excellent cook) !!
These little morsels freeze fantastically so you are on a winner for a premake
So without further ado lets get you sorted to have some deliciousness 😍😍😍
Sticky Toffee Tea Cake GF, DF V
All the flavours of Sticky Toffee Pudding in a cake, filled with White Buttercream and Caramel Sauce Topping
Or can be baked in 2 6in cake tins adjust cooking time up to 35 minutes until cooked Recipe can be halved or quartered of doubled too
- FOR THE CAKES
- 100 g Stoned Dates
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 125 ml Boiling Water
- 110 g Vegan Butter ( I used Stork Block ( UK ) or Earth Balance US )
- 100 g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 10 g Chickpea/ Besan Flour
- 60 ml Water
- 110 g Gluten Free Flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Freee Plain Flour or Pilsbury Cup for Cup US )
- 5 g Baking powder ( Make sure its Gluten Free )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- 1 1/2 tbsp Black Treacle or Molasses – – White Chocolate Butter Cream
- 100 g Vegan Butter
- 125 g Icing sugar / Confectioners Sugar
- 75 g Dairy Free White Chocolate ( I use Plamil ) – – – – THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- 100 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 75 g Vegan Butter
- 75 ml Dairy free Cream ( I used Alpro Soya )
- Put the sugar, cream and butter into a saucepan, bring to a vigorous foaming boil and cook for 90 seconds while stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir place in heatproof container and put in the fridge to cool, this may take a couple of hours
- Remove from the fridge , the butter will have solidified , using a stick or immersion blender blend until smooth and creamy
- Pre heat your oven to 180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
- Spray or brush with Oil the wells of the cake in, if making a 6 in cake grease and line the tins
- Chop the dates and place into a bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda and stir in the boiling water. Allow to cool then blend into a puree with a stick blender of food processor
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and either with a stand mixer with the paddle attatchment or hand mixer on medium high , for two minutes until creamy and smooth
- Add the 60ml water to the chickpea flour and mix to form a smooth paste
- Add to the butter sugar mix and beat until fully combined
- MIx the Flour , Baking powder and xanthan gum in an bowl with a whisk and the sift to combine fully combine
- Beat in half the flour then the black treacle followed by the remaining flour.
- Add the date puree and combine
- Divide into 10 of the wells and smooth out the tops the best you can
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes , test with a cocktail stick or cake tester for donness, a few cruns should remain but not batter
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tins for 15 minutes before you remove and place them on a wire rack to cool
- Make the White Chocolate Buttercream
- Melt White chocolate in the microwave on 15 sec increments until melted, checking regularly. or in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water … Leave to cool
- Using a stand mixer or electric whisk beat the butter on medium high for two minutes until light and fluffy
- Add half the icing /confectioners sugar SIFTED to the butter and on low combine for 30 seconds until incorporated
- Repeat with other half of icing sugar
- Add the white chocolate to the butter icing sugar mix and on medium high mix for 2 minutes until light and fluffy
- Split cakes in half , fill with nutter cream and top with caramel sauce
So there you go, you really do not want to miss these
Why would you !!! Its deliciousness in the extreme.
The cake that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling of a hug and also a sugar rush too 😂😂
One to put you into a food coma after a main meal 😜😜😜
But there is the element of portion control so I am being really generous to your waistline 😂😂😂
Lets crack on with some pictures to make you lick the screen 😎😎
Hope you enjoyed the post
Please leave me a comment or a like, it does the world of good to keep me going and hopefully expand your knowledge.
Sign up for an email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty picture, or follow on WordPress or Instagram, see what I’m up too on a most daily basis.
If you make this or any of my recipes, let me know how you’ve gone on, drop me a line @clarescauldron tag me on Instagram or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share this amongst your family and friends, especially the intolerant ones 💜💜
4 thoughts on “Lets Get Sticky !!”
I’d like the last one standing because then I will get to scoop up all the leftover caramel. This looks delicious, Clare. If I don’t have chickpea flour, could I just add more gf blend?
LikeLiked by 1 person
🤣🤣 good idea
The chickpea flour is actually the egg replacement you could try this instead as an alternative Cornstarch 2 Tbs + 4 tsp oil + 1 tsp baking powder + 2 Tbs water
These look so yummy!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you. Worth every calorie 🙊🙊