Well Folks, here we are again, on the fourth part of the basic intolerance journey. So this week I proudly present some Chocolate Cupcakes to make your mouth water
(well I hope 😜).
Suitable for Mothers Day, Easter, or actually any day you want. 💕💕
Remember the kids need to bring a bake to school, and you’ve got that ‘ special one ‘ in class that fills you with the innate fear that you’re leaving them out ( even though their mum says don’t worry !! ).
Well here you go, you can run this little number out and be quite smug about it 😂😂 ( well we are all human after all).
Right lets crack on because I haven’t got the ‘Jump To Recipe ‘ Button as a novice blogger and I know from experience and discussions elsewhere you don’t want to know about the cat, dog or what I had for tea 🙈😂😂
Because of that you will just have to have a recipe and some pretty pictures, hope that’s okay ( and a few tips as well ).
Number One tip………..Gluten Free is always without doubt better 24 hours after bake day (apart from bread🙈). So with that in mind make sure you’ve some decent liners and you’ve got some time on your side . I did test these out to make sure they wouldn’t peel on you , and they don’t, so you will get no joy telling me they did 😂😂😂.
You need a high volume of fluid to make a successful bake and its always a balancing act.
But of course you can make them the same day but its just a pointer.
Moist Chocolate Cupcakes GF, DF, V
A Moist Delicate Cupcake Suitable for any Occasions
This recipe will make 10 muffin tin type cupcakes. If the recipe is 1/4 it will make 12 mini cupcakes too.
- 230 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I used Soya)
- 1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 150g Brown Sugar
- 75 ml Oil of Choice (I used Sunflower )
- 2 tsp of Espresso Powder ( optional)
- 2 tbsp Boiled Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( Doves Farm UK or Pillsbury US)
- 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum (omit if your blend has it in it )
- 30g of Natural Cocoa Powder( I used 15 g of Standard Cocao and 15 g of Black Cocoa in these )
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the Oven to 160 C Convection / 180 C Standard / 350f
- Line a muffin tin with 10 ‘good quality ‘ liners
- Add the Cider Vinegar to the Non Dairy Milk and allow to rest whilst you get you ingredients together
- Add 2 tablespoons of boiling water to you espresso powder and mix to combine, leave it to cool whilst you crack on with the next step.
- Weigh out the, Flour, Cocoa Powder add to a bowl with the baking powder , baking soda and xanthan gum if using. Give them a whisk around to combine and leave to one side
- Whisk together the sugar, oil, milk, concoction vanilla and espresso fluid until combined and one colour
- SIEVE (see picture bellow😱 that’s after it was whisked !!!), and I truly mean it !! Add the dry ingredients into the wet (NO SHORTCUT ) Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until incorporated
- Put a large cookie scoop or 6 tablespoons of batter in each cup, which is actually the cup 1/3rd full ( I took the time to actually physically measure the cups out 🙈 my liners are 18 tablespoons , no I had no clue😜) as I know its a hard one to judge from recipes.
- Place in oven and bake for 15- 18 minutes until well risen and springy to touch
- When baked, leave in the tray for 2 minutes then carefully remove to a wire rack. Please don’t ram then all together, space them well out so the air circulates and no peeling of liner will occur.
- Decorate, how you desire.
So there you go folks, Chocolate Cupcakes, now me being me I went a little off Piste with mine. What you see before you is a Chocolate cupcake with Violet Aquafaba Swiss Meringue Buttercream😜🙈😂😂😍
The most important thing in this bake, that gives it the ‘Wow’ Factor is the use of brown sugar, it takes it to a whole new level of decadence and yumminess………not a dry piece of coal to be had.
There’s no chance I would give you Chocolate on Chocolate 😂😂 A take on A British Chocolate Delicacy, in Cupcake Form, the Violet Cream……..Delicious and a step into Spring
The Aquafaba Buttercream is here, luckily Gretchen is going to allow me to share the recipe and what I do to it here in the UK so that’s a post for another day. I just added some Violet Essence,10 drops or my favoured brand Foodie Flavours ( cough , no sponsorship I just like the brand ) https://www.foodieflavours.com/shop/flavours/flavouring/violet/
And being me I always like to match the colour to the flavour, that’s so important for me as we eat with our eyes.
There is always buttercream of course, but remember only use 80% of the fat with dairy free because you will end up with a greasy mess. Try Sally’s Baking Addiction, it will work a treat
Favorite Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Or what about my Tofu Chocolate Frosting……..go on I dare you 😂😂
Lets Bake A Cupcake
Now for some pretty picture’s, hopefully it will inspire you to take #everyoneshouldenjoycake to the next level 💜💜
Hope you enjoyed this weeks post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜
7 thoughts on “Lets Bake Some Chocolate Cupcakes”
Yes , Clare, These ARE pretty as a picture…thank you….your photos are so amazing I feel like I could reach out and grab that cupcake!
Thank you. Thats just what I love to hear. See past the intolerance and just see ‘ cupcakes ‘😍😍😍
This is perfect for having a great time. Your pictures are awesome. I absolutely love this blog. 👌👌👌😊😊😊
Thank you thats very kind. Just a once a week post to brighten the weekend. Glad you are enjoying it 💜
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s my pleasure. ☺️☺️Please keep on posting your greatness. 👌👌👍💚💚
That frosting looks amazing, as do the cupcakes of course! What perfect swirls!
Awe thank you. You ought to give the vegan swiss a go when get an awkward one for dinner 💜💜