Well Folks here we are again with the next instalment of Back to Basics. Posts to inspire you and to have in your back pocket for those difficult house guests, family , friends or downright unruly 😂
Lets Bake A Fully Intolerant Cupcake,
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Vegan 😜
Nothing beats a Simple Cupcake, made well, and with that extra special ingredient. ………
The basic human right to enjoy the deliciousness with family and friends, so together today I’m going to give you the opportunity to do one bake and not to have ‘ oh no I’ve got to do a bake for……..’ moment.
Of course you could do that and send them home with a stash for the freezer…….I’m actually liking that idea too😂
Right lets get our ‘ Big Girl (or Boy I’m not sexist 🙈) Pants’,on and
LET’S DO THIS……………I know you really want too.
Ooooo and pretty pictures of course because that’s mandatory💕💕
Vanilla cupcakes with Chocolate Tofu Frosting
A Light Fluffy Vanilla Cupcake with Oh So Chocolatey Frosting GF, DF, V
- 275g Gluten Free Plain Flour ( Dove Farm UK or Pilsbury US cup for Cup)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your blend contains it )
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 200ml Oil of Choice ( I used Sunflower for these)
- 200ml Dairy Free Milk ( Soya or Rice for me. Avoid Nut its to over powering )
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300g Silken Tofu
- 200g Dairy Free GF Chocolate of choice
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup or Maple
- Double these three ingredients if you want ‘ big frosting tops ‘
- Preheat the oven to 160 C Convection / 180 C / 350 F
- Place cupcake Liners in a 12 hole muffin tin
- Sift the Flour, Baking Powder and Xanthan Gum into a Bowl
- Stir in the sugar
- In a separate jug or bowl combine the Milk, Oil and Vanilla extract with a whisk to combine
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and whisk until the batter is smooth, this can be done in a stand mixer if required on medium speed
- Spoon or using a cookie scoop place the batter into the cupcake cases. Only 3/4 full, these babies rise !!!!!!!
- Bake for 20 minutes until well risen and firm to touch or a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool for one hour before frosting
- To make the frosting, blend the tofu in a blender, with stick or bench top for 1 minute until silky and smooth
- Melt the chocolate either over a simmering pan of water with a bowl snuggly fitting the pan, but the base not touching the water. Or in ten second bursts in the microwave until its melted
- Add to the tofu, with 2 tablespoons of Agave syrup or Maple syrup
- Blitz until combined, with the blender or spatula
- Decorate to the best of your ability and if all else fails throw on some sprinkles 😂
Well Folks it’s really that simple, honestly. I’ve decorated these appropriately because a hidden ingredient here is …….. caramel flavouring……. yummy, but that was just the choice on this occasion. one teaspoon to the batter covers and flavour.
Now you may ask why am I not concerned about that loss of curved edge ? Because you cover it in frosting and when you look at the crumbporn you will soon realise why……………bet you didn’t even realise, but I’ve looked and inspected that many regular baking pictures I’m quite an expert 😂😂😂
If you don’t fancy this frosting how about https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/vanilla-buttercream/ just use 80% of the butter amount please for dairy free fat swap or it tends to be a tad greasy and that’s not nice 😂 a friend told me that one,🙈🙈 shes good 😂
or what about https://www.gretchensveganbakery.com/aquafaba-swiss-buttercream-recipe/ it’s fab 😍😍
And of course there is Ermine Frosting 😍😍😍😍 introduced to my by one of my international baking friends Anna. Simple Swap outs and you’ve got a real deal………….but as I keep saying Frostings are a whole blog post of their own, but I’m underhand and conditioning your thinking to think out the ABC mentality , especially where intolerance baking is concerned.
As you will see, I had fun with natural light on these photographs, the sun was shinning in the cauldron and I love shadowing and the effects it creates in natural light. These photos are totally unfiltered or edited…………my favourite way to show you the truth.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Comments, Feedback, or just a Hi are welcome.
I’ve installed the Pinterest button too this week so you can save the pretty pictures if you require. Shout out to https://jensbakingadventures.home.blog/recipes/ for her technical help on that one #bloggersunite and Anne for the suggestion as she’s the #pinterestguru
Don’t forget you can sign up for an email, or click the follow button if you’re on WordPress and you will get the next instalment as soon as it’s published.
And feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share the post amongst your family friends or enemies if needs be 😂😂😂
If you make these cupcakes, let me know, tag me Insta – clarescauldron , drop me a line @clarescauldron , #everyoneshouldenjoycake or leave me a comment.
Right you’ve been obliging, you’ve read the post, now for the pretty pictures as a reward 😂, with descriptive captions and coordinating ,appropriately placed Sprinkles 💕💜💕