Yey Im back !!!!
Its been a longer break than I expected , The Cauldron Refurb has been testing and I’ve still a matter of a leaking wall !!! But hey ho, that currently doesn’t stop me baking for the blog now, does it !!
I’ve at least half a dozen recipes ready to publish , some with working pictures , some without ( There just wasn’t an acceptable nice work place but I kept those recipes as simple as possible )
But lets not waffle you hate that I know !!
Today we start off simple but delicious , Raspberry and Chocolate Muffins
Oh my are they delicious ….to delicious 😂
All Fruity and Chocolatey ….. you know all the good things in life
and I can tell you no one will but no one will notice the difference that they are not the usual standard bake !!
In fact I’ve been informed that muffins can sometimes be dry !!! and mine are definitely not😜
Well enough and lets get baking …… just follow the instructions !!!!!!
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins GF, DF V
Muffins filled with juicy raspberries and plenty of chocolate chips.
- 180 g Gluten Free Plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend Dove Farms Freee Plain Flour UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (omit if your blend includes it)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Grated Nutmeg ( Optional but gives that bakery taste )
- 40g dairy free / vegan butter, melted and slightly cooled ( I used Flora Plant based )
- 40 ml neutral Oil ( I used vegetable )
- 100 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chia Egg + 3 tbsp warm water ( to make your chia egg )
- 40 g dairy free yogurt, at room temperature ( I used coconut collab raspberry yogurt for an extra fruity kick )
- 120 g Dairy Free Milk room temperature ( I used Mighty Pea Pea M!lk )
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 65g Gluten free Dairy Free chocolate chips ( I used Plamil Foods / Vegan Chocolat UK 53% Micro Drops )
- 90 g fresh or frozen raspberries (do not thaw), I used fresh
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling….. Optional
- Pre heat your oven to Preheat oven to 200 C fan / 220 standard / 425 F
- Generously grease a muffin pan with vegan butter or non stick spray or line with muffin liners.
- To a small bowl add your chia seeds and 3 tbsp. water , set aside until they go gloopy
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, , xanthan gum and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter until just liquid in the microwave in 5 second bursts or on the hob in a small pan
- Whisk the melted butter, oil, sugar, and chia gloop together until combined
- Then whisk in the yogurt , milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Fold together with a rubber spatula . Use a whisk to rid any large lumps of flour, if needed. The batter will be thick.
- . Fold in the chocolate chips, then gently fold in the raspberries. ( Be Gentle to help prevent them from breaking up too much.)
- Divide batter between each muffin cup, filling all the way to the top
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar an added crunchiness
- Bake at 200 C fan / 220 C standard / 425 F for 5 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 160 C fan / 180 C standard / 350 F and continue to bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown
- Check with a cake tester or cocktail stick in the centre of a muffin to test its baked through . If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan then transfer onto a cooling rack
- Cover leftover muffins and store at room temperature for 5 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week. reheat in microwave if desired
- Muffins freeze well for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature
So there you go …. you cant get much easier !!
Can you imagine fresh muffins whenever you want one 😍😍😍😍
Just make sure you follow the oven temperature and turn the oven down after 5 minutes !!
That Tip was picked up from Sallys Baking Addiction and a game changer for muffins
Now lets have some more pics to make you realise you really do want them !!
Hope you enjoyed this weeks post. its nice to be back 😍😍😍
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow me on WordPress or Instagram and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear.
Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜