Well Christmas is getting nearer and I do like to make things as easy as possible
Enter the non fuss Florentine Bar the one that you dont need to worry about spread or edge burn !!!
A little Taste of Christmas that will be delicious with either a Mulled Wine , Baileys or A Cup of Hot Chocolate
Packed with all the deliciousness of Christmas , but the option of a Nut Free Version Too
These are so easy to make up…….BUT so difficult to photograph I can tell you
There’s no easy way to make them look like a perfect Florentine ….. but that was not my plan. I appreciate that not everyone has the desire or equipment for that playtime
So a bar it is , simple straight forward and can be ready with most store cupboard ingredients in half the time and no stress what so ever
They will be ready for your cuppa as soon as they have cooled….. RESULT !!!
I took the option on these to add cornflakes, to add a little less in the nut stakes , I value my teeth😂😂 and that makes it easier also to see why the nuts are not necessary .
We have no nut allergies in the house but I only have set days for baking with Nuts and specific bowls as well the risks for contamination are high.
So please bear this in mind if you think on making these Nut free for someone
Just give the a holler first and ask !!!
But if you are just not a nut fan – I’ve for you covered too
I’ve tried to make them as presentable as possible
Christmas Florentine Slice GF, DF V
All The Taste of a Florentine Slice the easy no fuss way. Filled with Optional Nuts Dried Fruit and the magic ingredient Cornflakes covered in a layer of Chocolate
- 60 g gluten free cornflakes ( I used Nestle GO Free )
- 50g sliced almonds or more cornflakes if nut free
- 75g mixed dried fruit ( I used Cranberries , raisins , figs and Apricots )
- 100g Plant Based butter ( I used flora Plant Based )
- 50g Soft light brown sugar ( I used Billingtons )
- 50g golden syrup
- 40g) gluten free plain flour ( If not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Freee UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1 tsp mixed Spice ( Pumpkin Spice )
- 1/2 tsp Grated Fresh Nutmeg
- 200 g Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate ( I used Plamil Foods )
- 50 g Planted based Butter (I used Flora unsalted )
- Pre heat your oven to 145C Fan / 160C Standard /320F
- Line Line a 8×8″ ( 20cm ) square baking tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- Add your cornflakes, fruit and nuts to a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add your butter, sugar and syrup and stir over a medium heat until your butter is melted.
- Turn the heat to high and bring your mixture to the boil and boil without stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove your pan from the heat and sift in your flour, nutmeg and spices flour, stirring until combined.
- Pour your caramel mixture over your cornflakes mixture and mix until combined.
- Place your mixture into your prepared tin and press into the pan to form an even layer.
- Bake your slice for ~20 minutes it will be bubbly
- Leave your slice to cool completely
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 10 second increments until melted or over a pan of simmering water in a tightly fitting bowl , making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl
- Add The butter and mix in until disappeared and smooth and glossy
- Once your chocolate layer is solid, slice into pieces and enjoy immediately, or keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a month.
So that’s it really, they are very very simple
But is Christmas baking supposed to be decadent with recipes that you can make in advance and quickly put together ???
Well these fit the bill
So I will leave you with these to put on your Christmas list because there is plenty of days up and in between to enjoy these little morsels
Hope you enjoyed the post
Please leave me a comment or a like, it does the world of good to keep me going and hopefully expand your knowledge.
Sign up for an email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty picture, or follow on WordPress or Instagram, see what I’m up too on a most daily basis.
If you make this or any of my recipes, let me know how you’ve gone on, drop me a line @clarescauldron tag me on Instagram or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share this amongst your family and friends, especially the intolerant ones 💜💜