Something a Little Fruity this week, to freshen the palate
But still with the spices of the season to help you on your way 🤣🤣
A Nectarine loaf Cake with Brown sugar Crumble Topping
I have a feeling in my water , that loaf cakes are going to be the bake of Autumn 2021 , so with that I am going to roll with it
This time I have shown you a recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction, Her Peach Quick Bread has been revised here to Gluten Free and Vegan, and is also Nut and Coconut Free
Its turned out to be a delicious bake and well worth the calories
One of those cakes that gives you a hug
Whether his is Breakfast, Elevenses, lunch or dessert that’s up to you, but served warm with Custard it hits the mark too
I’ve used Nectarines here , mainly because it was what was on offer at the supermarket , and the growing season is coming to an end , for fruit that tastes like fruit !!!
So that’s my switch up reason….nothing fancy just practicalities
Nothing to prepare in advance with this cake….just what you hopefully have available
So with that lets crack on !!! ( With no eggs harmed !! )
Nectarine Loaf Cake With Crumble Topping GF, DF V
A moist peach Loaf Cake that combines h a simple batter, juicy peaches, and a brown sugar crumb topping
- FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 25 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 30 g Gluten free plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend dove Farms Freee Plain Flour UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8th Tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- 30 g Vegaan Block Butter ( I used Flora Plant Based )
- THE CAKE
- 225 g Gluten free plain Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend dove Farms Freee Plain Flour UK or Pillsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum ( Omit if your flour blend contains it )
- 1 tsp baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- !50 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 80 ml Neutral Oil ( I used Vegetable Oil )
- !20 g Dairy Free Greek Yogurt ( I used Alpro )
- 140 g Dairy Free Milk ( I used Pea Mighty M;lk )
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp Tepid water
- 230 g Fresh Nectarines about 3 ( Stoned and chopped )
- 15 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- Pre heat your oven to 160 C Fan / 180 C Standard / 350 F
- Grease and line you loaf tin with a strip of parchment
- Make the crumb topping first. Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Add cold butter and using and using you fingers rub the vegan butter into the brown sugar mixture until pea-size crumbs
- Refrigerate until ready to use
- Chop the peaches place in a small bowl and add the 15g caster sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, stir and set a side
- Add the chia seeds to the tepid water and wait for them to swell and become gloppy. about 10 minutes
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum (if using ) and salt together in a large bowl and sieve
- In a medium bowl, whisk the chia gloop and caster sugar oil, yogurt , milk, vanilla extract until combined
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then whisk to completely combine
- Spread half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Spoon the peaches (and any juices) evenly on top, spread remaining batter evenly on top.
- Using a knife, swirl the batter down the center of the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle crumb topping on top evenly
- Bake for 60, covering loosely with foil about halfway through to prevent the top from over-browning.
- Test the centre with a cake tester or cocktail stick , if it comes out clean the cake is done
- Cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, slice and serve.
So there you go its that easy and very very tasty
And one that will freeze too for up to 3 months so you could have a taste of Autumn when full Spice fest starts in December 😝😝
Hope you enjoed this quick post of a so called ‘ Quick Bread’ Over the pond !!
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow ,me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear. Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜
Recipe adapted to Gluten Free , Vegan Nut and Coconut Free from
Thank you Sally