Well Well Well !! What do we have here !!
Is The Cauldron playing with our head today 🤣🤣🤣
And can’t she SPELL 😂😂
Wrong on both counts !!
I present to you today, the quickest, thickest, fudgiest and the easiest’ Notella ‘ Brownies made without Nuts This Brownie recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream and an indulgent one at that!
As we know the ‘ Brown Stuff ‘ is not Dairy Free , but I have a plan and a product that is !!
Plamils Hazelnut Flavoured Spread !!… But dont worry in the recipe notes I give you as always alternatives if you are not in the UK
I couldn’t believe it when they started producing this spread, it opens up the bakes for the vegan and nut allergy tribe !! 😍😍
I’ve never been over fussy about Brownies, if I’m honest and there is only one other recipe on the blog, and that includes spinach 😝😝 because I’ve had years of it being the only option
Plus I’ve a mortal fear of producing a brownie not worthy of an intolerance baker !!😱
But i also know folk love a brownie so i’m doing my best , and to be fair these are Bloody gorgeous
They are fudgy and cakey all at the same time !! So will suit you all
Pockets of fudgy goodness with a swirly top to match !!
And yep they have that thin layer of paper that some of you want !! Personally I don’t care either way 😂😂…. heathen I here you shout !!!
Right lets crack on ( though there are no eggs involved !! )
Notella Brownies GF, DF V
All the taste of the iconic brown stuff with non of the nuts 😂😂
- 140 g Gluten Free/ Vegan / Nut Free Chocolate Spread ( I used Plamil Foods Plamilla )
- 30 g Gluten Free / Vegan / Nut Free Chocolate Spread for the top
- 75 g Plant Based Butter ( I used Flora Plant Based )
- 140 g Non Dairy Milk ( I used Plamil Organic Soya )
- 140 g Caster Sugar
- 140 g gluten Free Flour blend ( If not using your own I recommend Dove Farms Freee Plain or Pilsbury US )
- 40 g of Cocoa Powder ( I used varhola )
- 1/2 TSP Xanthan Gum ( Omit if your blend contains it )
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F ( no convection for this I find it not great fore brownies )
- Line an 8 x 8 inch square baking tin with parchment paper
- In medium sized pan, take the 130 g chocolate spread and add melted butter. and on a low heat stir until melted, Give it a good mix until looks smooth and set aside
- In a bowl whisk the GF Flour, Cocoa Powder and Xanthan Gum ( if using) together til combines
- In another bowl, combine the milk and sugar and warn on the stove until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add to the chocolate melty liquid
- Whisk rigorously for about 1 minute. You will notice a lot of air bubbles will start to appear.
- Now add all purpose flour, xanthan gum and cocoa powder.
- Give another whisk for 30 – 40 seconds until the batter looks smooth
- Pour into the prepared baking tin.
- Using a teaspoon, add dollops of 30g chocolate spread generously around the surface of the brownie batter.
- Use a toothpick or knife to create marble like swirly patterns.
- Bake in the oven at 160 C / 325 F for 22 – 24 minutes or until a knife or skewer comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let the brownie cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the tin and let it cool on a cooling rack completely until cooled to room temperature.
- Slice and enjoy!
So there you go !!
A nut Free Brownie with the taste that many of you may remember !!
I may or may not be on a Brownie Roll at the moment but you will need to wait and see what I have in store !!!
Right lets give you some pictures so I can crack on with with other jobs in hand !!
Plus you need to see how fabulous they are !!
Hope you enjoyed this weeks post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, or a like, it really does spur me on.
Signup for an Email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty pictures and maybe a little wit and sarcasm😜. Or follow me on WordPress or Instagram and see what I’m up to on a daily basis.
If you make any of my cakes or use my recipes, let me know how you get on, I love to hear.
Drop me a line at @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me to Family, Friends and those awkward ones, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.
Until next week……..Bye for now 💜💜💜
2 thoughts on “‘ NOTella Brownies. Not a Nut Insight !!”
Wow! These look gorgeous, will be giving them a go as soon as I track down the Nutella equivalent!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ooo you must they are delicious and if in uk direct from plamil foods 💜