Yes I’ve gone totally nuts !!!! As you can tell from the title so there is no hidden ingredients here 😂😂😂
One of The Cauldron Apprentice Apprentice Favourite things is peanut butter !!
So I have had to address that matter in a muffin
This is the very grown up version !!! But i will put some picture of her variation in the photo round up after the recipe
i’m still getting my head round the peanut butter revolution that has happened over the years , I can assure you when I was a nipper it was hardly a thing , that’s how ancient I am 🤪🤪🤪
But these muffins have certainly wowed me, the right intensity and I beg you do not leave the glaze off if you are an adult, it takes it to a whole new level !!!
( as an adult 🙈🙈🙈)
So come on lets go NUTS !!!!!
Peanut Butter Muffins GF, DF V
Peanuts Peanuts and more Peanuts , soft delicious muffins for any time
- 150 g Gluten Free Flour Blend ( If not using your own I recommend Dove Farms Plain Free UK or Pilsbury US)
- 40 g Ground Almonds
- 180 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum ( omit if your flour blend contains it )
- 150 g Smooth 100 % Peanut butter ( I used Aldi )
- 130 g Neutral Oil ( I used rapeseed oil )
- 160 g Dairy Free Milk ( I used Plenish Oat )
- 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 20 g Chickpea / Besan Flour
- 3 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp of Aquafaba ( Chickpea juice out of the can )
- 30 g of Peanuts ( salted or unsalted thats up to you )
- 75 g Icing Confectioners Sugar
- 3 tbsp Smooth 100 % Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Dairy Free Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre heat your oven to 200 C Fan / 210 C Standard / 410 F
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with 10 liners
- Whisk together and Sieve the Gluten free flour , Xanthan gum ( if using ) ground almonds , brown sugar , baking powder into a medium sized bowl
- In another bowl whisk the peanut butter , milk ,oil, aquafaba and apple cider vinegar until combined
- Chop the peanuts finely
- In a small bowl whisk the chickpea / besan flour with water until smooth
- Add to the peanut butter slurry
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until you get a smooth constituency
- Fill the muffin cases to the top of each one
- Sprinkle on the chopped nuts
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes 12.Then REDUCE THE TEMPERATURE TO 160 C Fan / 180 C Standard / 350 f and bake for another 15 to 18 minutes or until a cocktail stick or cake tester comes out clean from the centre
- Mix the peanut butter , icing sugar , milk, and vanilla extract with a whisk until smooth
- Drizzle on each muffin
- Enjoy warm but will stay fresh for 3 days in and air tight container
- Can be frozen wrapped in cling flim in an air tight container un glazed , defrost at room temp and reheat in microwave for 10 second
So there you go, nice easy and straight to the point !!
We don’t like too much phaff in the kitchen at times
To make these more child friendly you can sub in coconut sugar and miss off the nuts which I will show you the proto types and alternatives in a few types of the finger !!!
But for now sit and enjoy the adult version 😜😜
Hope you enjoyed the post
Please leave me a comment or a like, it does the world of good to keep me going and hopefully expand your knowledge.
Sign up for an email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty picture, or follow on WordPress or Instagram, see what I’m up too on a most daily basis.
If you make this or any of my recipes, let me know how you’ve gone on, drop me a line @clarescauldron tag me on Instagram or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share this amongst your family and friends, especially the intolerant ones 💜💜