From Cake to Breakfast in one week …….
Well why not ????
This week an easy recipe for a delicious breakfast that you can have on the table in a jiffy and very tasty too
Scotch Pancakes or drop Scones are not American Pancake don’t be fooled 😂
They are slightly sweeter and are lighter due to the extra leveners
They make a fabulous quick breakfast and are traditionally served with just dripping in butter
But to posh it up and making a healthier choice . I’ve opted for a fruit combo
This recipe has been adapted from The Great British Bake Off Big Book of Baking and makes up a challenge from my baking group
So crack on ….but no eggs they aren’t needed 😜😜😜
Scotch Pancakes GF, DF V
Soft and Fluffy Scotch Pancakes or Drop Scones ideal for a quick breakfast with store cupboard ingredients
- 110 g Gluten Free Plain flour ( if not using your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Freee Plain UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum (omit if your blend contains it )
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartare
- 10 g Caster sugar
- 1 small Lemon Finely Grated
- 20 g Chickpea / Besan Flour
- 30 ml Water
- 150 ml Dairy Free Milk . I used Mighty Pea Pea Milk Unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- vegatable oil for griddle or frying pan
- Add the flour, bicarb , xanthan gum ( if using ) and sugar cream of tartare to a medium bowl and whisk until evenly combined and aireated
- Zest the lemon and add to the dry ingredients mix in
- in a small bowl add the chickpea flour and water and mix until combined and smooth
- Add the milk. maple syrup and the chickpea slurry to the dry ingredients and with a metal whisk whisk until lump free and smooth
- Heat the frying pan or griddle on a medium heat
- Using a piece of kitchen roll wipe the pan with oil so just a light covering , you will need to do this after every set of pancakes made
- To check the temperature is not to hot or cold drop a tea spoon of batter into the centre and it should hold its shape . Adjust the temperature if required
- Cook the pancakes in batches using 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake , Cook for two minutes each side
- Keep Pancakes warm in a clean dry tea towel until batter is used up
- Serve with fruit , yogurt and extra maple syrup or just with dairy free butter !!
So a nice quick and easy recipe for you this week
But do not get fooled into a false sense of security I have plans 😂😂
But for now enjoy your breakfast and I will enjoy mine ( I may have whipped up a batch this morning, whilst you read this post ….they are that quick )😍😍
Lets give you some more quick pics to keep you entertained
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear.
Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hashtag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!