Well I got on the Bandwagon ….well it had to be done 😜😜
How could I go through this time in most folk life without baking at least one banana bread
( well two actually because I wasn’t keen on my first round of photos 😳 )
But I’ve already got one banana bread on the blog 😜…..(best pimp that one )
But now time to give you a fully loaded double chocolate alternative !!!!
Oh my so so moist 😱 so so chocolatey, and fully of you guessed it bananas 😂😂
I’m not claiming a favourite , nor am I claiming ‘The Best Ever ‘😂😂
Reason……..baking is always subjective and infact my favourite bake / best ever is always the one I’ve just mastered or just created 😂😂😂
So its a secret and it may be here in a couple of weeks time 🙊🙊
Its a lovely straight forward recipe, no tricks no frills just a beautifully moist and delicious bake at the end
Right lets get started …….you need this in your life right now !!!!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread GF, DF V
Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread, Soft Moist and Tender and packed with all the goodies you would expect
- 200 g Gluten Free Plain flour blend ( If not making your own blend I recommend Dove Farms Freee ( UK ) or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum ( Omit if your blend contains it )
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3 ripe bananas ( approx 300 g peeled )
- 100 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Diary Free Milk ( I used soya )
- 60 ml Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
- 100 ml Oil ( I used Vegetable )
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 g chocolate chips ( I used Plamil )
- 20 g chocolate chips for the top
- Pre heat your oven to 160 c Fan /180 c standard / 350 F
- Grease and Line a 2 lb Loaf tin with baking parchment, in a strip with a overhang…like this !!
- Add the flour blend , xanthan gum, baking powder, bi carb and cocoa powder to a bowl, whisk til combined and then sieve into a medium size bowl ( DO NOT SKIP THE SIEVING, I,’m watching 😎😎😎 !!!!!!)
- Mash the bananas with a fork ( peeled obviously 🙊)
- Ad the Brown Sugar, Maple or Agave Syrup, Oil and Vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and using a spatula or large spoon, fold the mixture until its all combined
- Add the chocolate chips and the milk and fold in til combined
- Empty the batter into the prepared loaf tin, smooth and sprinkle with 20 g of chocolate chips
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, do not over bake, you require it baked but with some crumb still sticking to the cake tester or cocktail stick when you pierce the centre…..
- Take out of the oven leave in the tin for 15 minutes then transfer using the overhanging parchment to cooling rack, take off the parchment
- Enjoy, can be stored airtight for 5 day
- Suitable for home freezing wrap well
So there you go, its really easy, and I do know a couple of people ( Cough Kerry and Anne named and shamed ) , that will cover this in custard and class this as dessert !!!!
Me I’m for with my morning cuppa, afternoon cuppa and cocoa at night girl 🙊🙊
So enjoy your banana bread anytime with anything and don’t get stuck, for using the dread black bananas up !!
Right sit back and enjoy the screen with the next few pics 😍😍
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures ,or follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make and of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!