When I mentioned my intention of this bake to ‘ The Cauldron Apprentice ‘ the disapproving look of ….REALLY !!! Shot across her face 😂😂😂
On eating said nemesis the reaction was….
‘ I really want to hate them but I cant ‘😂😂😂😂
WINNER…… from me on that one then !!
Trying to fit in some extra goodness into a bake , using up whats in the fridge and store cupboards to stop unnecessary trips out is going to be on the cards for a fair while.
So we all need to get just that little bit creative and well spinach brownies are not a new creation !!
But something Ive not tried on my baking journey !!
But im more than happy to try and veg….its moisture alone always helps out on the GF front and this was no different
Could you taste the spinach……not at all😍
Is it a healthy bake……well not here but if you feel the need try subbing out for coconut sugar but I’m not that way inclined and don’t have much in.
I prefer to save that for when I want a more caramel flavour and its hardly a frugal bake then !!
Bur what I give you today is a Fudgy Brownie if that’s your fix and Ive actually not got a brownie on the blog 😱
Brownies are subjective everyone likes something different( you awkward lot !!!!😜)
Me I can usually pass I’ve had years of it being the only option, so if that’s me option now when out then I rarely bother !!!
I would rather have another coffee 😂😂😂
so lets crack on and give your Brownies a make over and make you feel all healthy when your not !!!!
Fudgy Spinach Brownies GF, DF V
Fudgy Spinach Brownies with an added detox 😜
Food Processor required
NO XANTHAN GUM REQUIRED
- 80 g Vegan Block Butter ( Stork UK or Earth Balance US )
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 100 g Vegan Gluten Free Dark Chocolate ( i use Plamil )
- 100 g white granulated sugar
- 150 g washed spinach
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 100 g Gluten free Plain Flour Blend If not using own blend I recommend Dove Farm UK or Pilsbury US )
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder ( Check its GF )
- 80 g Chocolate chips ( I used Sainsbury Free on this occasion )
- Pre heat your oven to 160 c Fan / 180 c standard / 350 F
- Line an 8in baking pan with parchment paper
- Make up the chia seeds with 6 tablespoons water in a small bowl and leave to go gloppy
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water melt the Vegan butter ,Chocolate and Sugar until the sugar has dissolved
- Take off the heat and leave on the side whilst you continue with the the next step it should be thick and glossy and I forgot to take a picture….what a Muppet 🙈
- Place the spinach, gloopy chia seeds, vanilla and one more tablespoon of water into a food processor and zap until pureed
- Add the spinach to the the melted chocolate and stir in with a spatula
- Mix the flour cocoa powder and baking powder in another bowl with a whisk, and then add to the chocolate spinach !!
- Then add the chocolate chips ( honestly I was as sober as a judge my photographic skill left the building !!! )
- You will end up with this !!!
- Place in your tin and smooth best you can
- Bake for 25 minutes and remove….no testing required you are after fudgy remember
- Leave to cool in the pan and then cut into 16 pieces 4 x 4. I find a pizza wheel handy
- Enjoy with just a little tiny bit of less guilt and some extra vitamins
Cant really be easier than that !!!!
So give then a try, they will stay fresh airtight for 3 days or in the fridge for 5……something to use up that wilted just waiting to head to the spinach bin !!!
If you choose to make these with frozen spinach ( and I havent ) defrost first but dont squeeze out the water ….you will need it to remain !!
There’s little more that needs to be said…..Brownies, extra vits’ and not a healthy bake in sight !!!! but well we are halfway to saintliness 😂🙊😈
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures
Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make any of my recipes, let me know how you get on😍😍😍
I would love to hear.
Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week ( hopefully )
Stay Safe and Be Kind !!