Things come round so very quickly ,whether it be the Blog Post on a Saturday or Autumn Vibes
It doesn’t seem a year since I was knee deep in learning just to bake a cake right !!!
Only really baking since June 2017 its been a steep learning curve.
So sticking with things I new was necessary……..Pumpkin Baking this Autumn is a whole new experience……. it shows my inexperience really and well the ‘ Pumpkin Revolution’ is only just hitting the UK 😜😜
In my lifetime I’ve seen the the demise of Bonfire Night ( 5th November ) and the rise of Halloween to epic proportions, so best embrace the ‘Trend’.
Luckily my baking playgroup is littered with Halloween and Pumpkin Experts, infact I have the pleasure of my own #pumpkinqueen Melissa who can keep me right 😂😂😂😂😂
So as the ‘Novice’ Pumpkin user I’m here to give you a nice easy and delicious recipe to introduce to benefits of Pumpkin baking ( shhh don’t tell Melissa I’m converted )
It works fantastically with Gluten free Vegan baking, making this donuts delicious and soft, helping hydration and texture and just…………well DELICIOUS
Now if you want to debate
- Doughnut or Donut
- Baked Donuts are cake not a Donut
Then I suggest this is the wrong Blog Post for you !!!!
Off you trot…….BYE🙊
As with the S’mores Pumpkin Cake from 2 weeks ago Ive shown at the end of the recipe how to roast your own and make your own puree
I know canned is hard to come by in some places, including the UK……and if you can’t get pumpkin then Butternut squash will be more than fine ( rumour is the canned American stuff isn’t pumpkin either …….ssshhh its a secret 😂😂😂😂)
For those of you not having a Donut pan this is the one I use
Right lets get baking. It wont take long and you can sit back and eat these beauties with a warm cup of hot chocolate………….money is on you will russle these up on an evening and just need to finish them all 🙈🙈🙈
After all they are part of your 5 day, full of pumpkin ( which is a fruit as i just had to Google it 😂😂😂)
Baked Pumpkin Donuts GF, DF V
Easy Way to have a quick and delicious Autumn Donut in less than 30 minutes
- 200 g Plain Gluten Free Flour Blend ( I recommend Pilsbury Cup for Cup US or Dove Farm UK)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum ( omit if your flour blend has it in )
- 60 g Vegan Butter ( Pure UK or Earth Balance US )
- 80 ml Dairy Free Milk ( I Used Alpro Soya )
- 110 g Brown Soft Sugar
- 120 g Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice ( Pumpkin or Apple US )
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100 g Vegan Butter
- 200 g Caster / Superfine Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- Preheat Oven to 160 Convection / 177 Standard / 350 F
- Grease your Donut Tin Well with vegan butter or oil
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the milk and set aside
- Melt the vegan butter in the microwave on 10 second intervals until melted or on a low heat in a pan on low heat
- Mix the Flour, baking powder , baking soda Xanthan, Cinnamon, Mixed Spice with a whisk in a medium sized bowl until fully mixed
- Sieve flours into a bowl
- Add Brown sugar and mix until all lumps have disappeared
- Mix the Vegan butter and Milk concoction together until fully Incorporated
- Add the Pumpkin puree
- Add the puree mixture to the flour mixture
- Mix together with a spatula until fully combined
- Place in a piping bag or freezer bag as shown below and pipe into the tins.
- Once piped dampen the join or the top of the donut hole with a wet finger just to smooth
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire baking tray
- Leave for a further 5 minutes whilst you make the Cinnamon Sugar
- Mix the sugar and Cinnamon in a bowl
- Melt the Vegan butter
- QUICKLY Toss the Donuts in the Butter and then into the sugar, I just leave them on the wire rack to set up
- Place Oven on at 200 c / 395f
- Cut Pumpkin an half….carefully and scoop out the seeds
- Place flesh side down onto lined baking tray
- Roast for 30/ 40 minutes until soft
- Leave to Cool
- Scoop put flesh and blitz in a food processor or with a hand blender or potato masher until smooth
Make the Cinnamon Sugar
THE PUMPKIN PUREE
So there you go… nice and easy and seriously yummy 😍😍
Now as you will see I’m having a play with some different styling on the pictures
Where ever possible I will get the #crumbporn as near to natural as I can….hard as it is in the dark.
Luckily I had some daylight for a short while but the rest are atmospheric 😂😂😂 to get you in the ‘Sultry Autumn Mood ‘
Let me know what you think…….I’m pleased with the effect but as the reader you may not……who knows !!!!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or a like, it helps me alot.
Sign up for an Email, so you never miss another recipe, or some pretty pictures ,or Follow me on WordPress or Insta and see what I’m up too.
If you make and of my recipes, let me know how you get on, I would love to hear. Drop me a line @clarescauldron or tag me on Insta or use my hastag #everyoneshouldenjoycake
Feel free to share me about, I’m really easy 😜😜😜 especially to the awkward intolerant ones !!!!
Until Next week