Well it’s been a week, so thought I best but my fingers to the Chromebook and give you another offering from The Cauldron.
You’ve not had a Breakfast or Snack bar as yet so here we are to fill that gap.
Oooooo goody I hear you cry, that’s when you suddenly have that face falling feeling that you’ve been duped, because OMG shes said ‘Beans’ 😂😂
Yep I have, But technically , I’m actually talking Chickpeas 🙈🙈🙈
Stop don’t close the recipe, wait there’s a reason…..honest 😂😂😂
See I have an issue, one of major proportions😎………I am a serial dumper of chickpeas. I use the Aqufaba aka ‘bean water ‘ in many recipes as an egg replacer, so much so that due to a challenge set down in a baking group by Molly of https://www.goodgollysweetmollys.com/ (check out her swanky new website ), a Meringue Roulade this month was set.
I spent many an hour trying to perfect it and many tins of chickpeas as. well I wanted to make an egg free version 🙊 (if you want to see it just click on my Insta feed its there in its glory )
I also hate food waste, but there is only so many chickpeas one can eat and only so many I can put to compost, no this is one of my go to recipes to get rid of a few.
Think a healthier Blondie, honest the virtuousness of making these will put a whole new light on the situation. Use 90% and above Dark Chocolate and Agave Syrup and you’re refined sugar free too 😍😍😍 ( I try to give you some options honest you don’t have to be that healthy 😂😂)
Yes before you start you can use , chickpeas (gazebo ), butter beans or kidney beans ( beware the grey bake ) or any other Legume Juice for Aquafaba harvesting but I find that Chickpeas with no added salt are the easiest to come by and I cant be bothered soaking my own, its not time or cost effect, I have a life ( I think 😜😜)
So all I’m saying is don’t knock until you have tired it………. chickpeas are just not for hummus they are for life….whoops……. bars 😜
Plenty of crumbporn today, hold on to your whisk 🙊
Right time to crack on, Chickpeas at the ready
Chocolate And Blueberry Breakfast Bars GF, DF V
An easy breakfast bar brimming with succulent fruit , deep dark chocolate and hidden protein to keep you fuller longer
- 100 g Whole Oats ( make sure they are GF certified if a requirement)
- 1 Tin Chickpeas, 230 g of Peas
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 110 ml of Agave Syrup ( healthy option )
or Maple Syrup (not as healthy )
or Golden Syrup ( your fooling yourself 😂)
- 130 g Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 g Chocolate ( Chips or chopped bar, as dietary requirement
- 70 g Blueberries
- Preheat Oven to 160 Convection / 175 Standard / 350 F
- Grease and line an 8 in baking pan with parchment paper with an overhang too
- Drain in a Sieve the Chickpeas and wash under running water, please do not throw your bean juice away, save it its an excellent egg replacer , put it in a sealed container in the fridge it lasts a week
- Add the oats to a food processor and pulse until fine, see picture below
- Add the chickpeas to the processor with the oats and blend until it looks like below
- Add the Banana, Apple Sauce, Vanilla and sweetener of choice to the processor and blend until smooth
- Tip the unappealing mixture that looks like something the dog got rid off, into a large bowl
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate and 3/4 of the blueberries into the mix and fold in
- Pour into the lined baking pan, smooth and then give it a shake on the work surface for it to smooth out
- Cover with the remaining blueberries and chocolate
- Place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes until the top is set and a toothpick or cake tater comes out clean from the middle
- Leave in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer on the paper to a wire rack to go cold
- When cold cut into 16 square pieces
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days or freeze individually wrapped for your lunchbox
Well there you go, its easy really you will be more that happy rusling those up in no time……..keeps the kids and the adults happy. don’t tell them whats in it til later ( if as all cos in my house ignorance is bliss 😂😂)
Now for some pretty picture, remember HEATHLY BLONDIES
Please leave me a comment or a like, it does the world of good to keep me going and hopefully expand your knowledge.
Sign up for an email, so you never miss another recipe or some pretty picture, or follow on wordpress or Insta, see what I’m up too on a most daily basis.
If you make this cake or any of my recipes, let me know how you’ve gone on, drop me a line @clarescauldron tag me on insta or use my #everyoneshouldenjoycake.
Feel free to let your fingers do the talking and share this amongst your family, and awkward ones😂😂